• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] How to Debug or disassemble

Years
  • Hello, I'll start with what I am hoping to accomplish. I read you can use Gaia as a rombase which I don't plan too but I would love if I could get a couple items and abilities from it.

With that said, I figured the best way to do so would be to find the corresponding hex and disassemble it. Change a couple bytes, assemble and toss in your new rom.

If I can't do that, I thought about finding the hook through the debugger? Find the hook, find the pointer and copy/paste code.

Either way, I could be wrong but I was able to be a 100% working PGE ini so I can check just about anything if need be. Thank you!

Back