• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [BETA 2 OUT NOW!] Pokémon Darkfire

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Which specific Emerald ROM has to be patched? I used the Trashman ROM.

I can't show you where to find that ROM (for legal reasons), however I did find a ready-to-play patched version of the game on Google with an easy search...

Edit: Added a 1986 TrashMan patch to the download link so you should be good now.

Last edited:

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
  • This hack looks promising, it seems like plenty of heart was put into it, which is always a good thing. :)

Years
  • I really enjoyed the beta. The only thing I would suggest is to make traded Pokemon obey you immediately, it was a pain whenever Rhyhorn ignored orders or used an unintended move.

Last edited:

vxo

ROM Hacker
    Years
  • Wow! I've been waiting for this for a long time! I've seen your posts around, and have always tried finding your hack. Here it is! I can already tell by all the effort put into this hack that this is gonna be next to Glazed, Light Platinum, etc.

Great work! I'm looking forward to the development of this.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2023
    As soon as I enter the building to the right of the "Welcome to Sunrise Town" sign, my screen goes black, and I can't even so much as soft reset. Other than that, no issues so far, and I'm looking forward to playing the rest.

One more thing: does the current Beta have stones to evolve Eevee with? And if so, where would I find them?

Edit: Another problem came up just a few minutes ago: https://imgur.com/a/oqBjVqa

Karl

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I really enjoyed the beta. The only thing I would suggest is to make traded Pokemon obey you immediately, it was a pain whenever Rhyhorn ignored orders or used an unintended move.

Awesome to hear that you enjoyed what we made! Good find with the Rhyhorn thing - I'll work to fix that for the next release.

Wow! I've been waiting for this for a long time! I've seen your posts around, and have always tried finding your hack. Here it is! I can already tell by all the effort put into this hack that this is gonna be next to Glazed, Light Platinum, etc.

Great work! I'm looking forward to the development of this.

Thank you for your kind words! We certainly want this hack to be one of the best hacks out there and comments like this really helps us find the motivation to work harder to achieve that goal.

Good luck with Chroma btw, it looks amazing.

As soon as I enter the building to the right of the "Welcome to Sunrise Town" sign, my screen goes black, and I can't even so much as soft reset. Other than that, no issues so far, and I'm looking forward to playing the rest.

One more thing: does the current Beta have stones to evolve Eevee with? And if so, where would I find them?

You've patched the wrong Emerald ROM. The NUPS incompatibility error should not be ignored; it is there to prevent these issues.

Be sure to patch the TrashMan .ups file to a 1986 TrashMan Emerald ROM and you'll be good to go.

The current Beta doesn't have any stones but Beta 2 will defintely have them, my friend.

Hope you enjoy the game!

I'm really liking the game so far but the music is too loud, I can hardly hear the sound effects

I think you're the same person from Discord who we helped! But if anyone else is experiencing this, be sure to use OpenAL settings in VBA-M (restart the emulator after any saved changes).

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Yeah I was karl, thanks for helping me. I was T3mmie on the discord. I had to leave because I am on too many, sorry about that. Also sorry for not deleting the post here! Thanks a lot for the help! ^_^

Dusterr

The Unchosen Starter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Nice work Karl. Thoroughly enjoying the demo. The jokester in the protagonist's hometown legitimately made me laugh with that Metapod joke. Already looking forward to more Darkfire.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2021
    I watched the gameplay video of this game on HeroVoltsy's Channel and I must say this thing is Dope! All the best for the future and I hope the game gets completed.

Karl

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Nice work Karl. Thoroughly enjoying the demo. The jokester in the protagonist's hometown legitimately made me laugh with that Metapod joke. Already looking forward to more Darkfire.

Thanks so much! Hahaha... The good news is that he will have more jokes in the next release!

I watched the gameplay video of this game on HeroVoltsy's Channel and I must say this thing is Dope! All the best for the future and I hope the game gets completed.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Voltsy has brought a lot of really positive attention towards Darkfire and it's awesome seeing so many new faces. :)

Quick update:

Beta 2.0 is coming along nicely and we're still working hard to bring you even more of the fun that you've experienced in Beta 1.0.4!

For all Español players, a good friend of mine, PokeAJ, has translated Pokémon Darkfire for you en Español.

Español Pokémon Darkfire Descargar

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2022
    Can I suggest something, I am looking to this rom because it has amazing development and I suggest that every time that you update the latest patch, can you consider putting also on where the rom ends or a percentage so that we can see the development of the rom. Thanks and more power to your work

Karl

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Can I suggest something, I am looking to this rom because it has amazing development and I suggest that every time that you update the latest patch, can you consider putting also on where the rom ends or a percentage so that we can see the development of the rom. Thanks and more power to your work

Thank you for the suggestion. The download contains a "readme.txt" file which states where the demo ends in each version.

For all other information about development, we have a public changelog you can follow in the Darkfire Discord which we regularly update.

Update! Custom Battle Backgrounds and UI Facelift:

DjECcCK.png
    rJPScjL.png
    Mdr0UVX.png

Double wild battles have also now also been implemented.

(Beta 2.0 progress: 50%)

Thanks for reading and for your continued support!

Back