• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [BETA 2 OUT NOW!] Pokémon Darkfire

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2020
    I love the graphics,designs and everything
    This is the best romhack ever

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    How do I get Umbreon every time I try to evolve Eevee I just get Espeon

trdtrl

clear throat
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    This hack is really amazes me. Graphics, storyline, atmosphere of the map, and great dialogues, i can't believe any of this. But seriously though, the dialogues in this game is really fun to read, it feels really different too from the other hacks. The story itself is really promising, SUBO is great for a villain, pretty much like Rocket dude. There is a small lore too which is great and refreshing to read.

I really looking forward for the next beta.
    By the way just asking, where should I go after Laveria? Is the beta end there?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    This hack is really amazes me. Graphics, storyline, atmosphere of the map, and great dialogues, i can't believe any of this. But seriously though, the dialogues in this game is really fun to read, it feels really different too from the other hacks. The story itself is really promising, SUBO is great for a villain, pretty much like Rocket dude. There is a small lore too which is great and refreshing to read.

I really looking forward for the next beta.

I'm glad you like it, our work has paid off it seems :D when you say dialogues, do you mean more dialogue that happens in story events, or plain NPC text?

By the way just asking, where should I go after Laveria? Is the beta end there?

Yeah, the beta ends in Laveria. You can go back and explore Route 6 if you haven't explored it fully yet.

Thanks for the feedback

trdtrl

clear throat
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    when you say dialogues, do you mean more dialogue that happens in story events, or plain NPC text?
    Both of it! Great dialogue in story events is common, but I really surprised at the npc text. It is fun to read and so enjoyable to explored them all. But both good tho, it is a seriously fun experience for me, hope you can keep up or maybe even better than this

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Both of it! Great dialogue in story events is common, but I really surprised at the npc text. It is fun to read and so enjoyable to explored them all. But both good tho, it is a seriously fun experience for me, hope you can keep up or maybe even better than this

Thanks for the feedback, it's very useful. Good to know we're doing a good job with the dialogue.

I've written a lot of the NPCs in the game. My primary concern was to make each and every last one of them have something interesting to say. The region seems much more alive that way.

Here's an update that's been posted on Discord already (https://discordapp.com/invite/psPyprg)

Route 9, the place where you get to pick one of the starters from the generations in the game (1-3).
    nUXWVxd.png

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Thanks for the feedback, it's very useful. Good to know we're doing a good job with the dialogue.

I've written a lot of the NPCs in the game. My primary concern was to make each and every last one of them have something interesting to say. The region seems much more alive that way.

Here's an update that's been posted on Discord already (https://discordapp.com/invite/psPyprg)

Route 9, the place where you get to pick one of the starters from the generations in the game (1-3).
    nUXWVxd.png

Looking cool man! I'm excited for Beta 2! Keep up the great work.

FrozenInfernoGSC

Team Continuum's ambition of time travel...
    Years
  • Message from Ray, the mapper and tileset creator:
    Since I was a teenager, I dreamt of making my very own Pokémon game, and I had the chance to make it a reality when I got my first ROM hacking tools. My early results were a bit disappointing - lots of bad, buggy hacks, all of them unplayable, left unfinished and forgotten.

I quit it for a long while, but I returned to it with a strong desire to put all the knowledge and skill I had accummulated in my starting years into a hack that's as much worth making as it is playing. Darkfire is the result of this desire. I hope everyone enjoys!
    This was so inspirational! (and what was said in bold). The demo video also has inspiring musical undertones! You two, inspire and truly continue to make this something special!

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2021
    Really looking forward to the finalized version of this, first time in a real while for me that a hack had a good map and custom tracks

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
  • I've just begin this hack and it looks really good. When is the next update scheduled for? : )

Also, how far is the current beta till?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    This was so inspirational! (and what was said in bold). The demo video also has inspiring musical undertones! You two, inspire and truly continue to make this something special!

That's awesome, glad you believe that!

Really looking forward to the finalized version of this, first time in a real while for me that a hack had a good map and custom tracks

We're looking forward to completing the game as well but it may take a while as we want to take our time to perfect it.

To clarify, by 'map' do you mean region map?

I've just begin this hack and it looks really good. When is the next update scheduled for? : )

Also, how far is the current beta till?

there's no release date for next beta yet

game is 20% released, 35% or so made. We'll release the 2nd beta when we're at 40%

Here's a small update:

Some sprites I revamped-
    zJXvmB5.png
    KWhDgNS.png

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2021
    Yes, I meant the region map. The maps in the poke centers showed me the default hoenn map though, not sure if that's intentional. I'm on beta 1.0.4

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Yes, I meant the region map. The maps in the poke centers showed me the default hoenn map though, not sure if that's intentional. I'm on beta 1.0.4

We just didn't get around to inserting the region map in the available beta. However, it has now been inserted and it will be included in the next release (which shouldn't be too far away now).

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    By the way, if anyone would like to support our hack, here's a banner you can put in your sig!

unknown.png

Thanks for all the support and feedback

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • We just didn't get around to inserting the region map in the available beta. However, it has now been inserted and it will be included in the next release (which shouldn't be too far away now).

Aye, speaking of the new release, any idea on how long the beta 2 will be?

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Aye, speaking of the new release, any idea on how long the beta 2 will be?

Probably another 4-6 hours of content. Here is a picture of the region map with the Beta 2.0 content highlighted in yellow.

Xc2VxXZ.png

It might look like a small area, but trust me, the maps are massive in game. Just take a look at Route 7 :laugh-squinted:

TO6bgvm.png

--

Update on HMS:
    - HMs are now forgettable like regular moves (no need for move deleter)
    - HMs have been buffed to make them a lot more useful in battle movesets:
    - HM01 Cut has been buffed from 50 power (95% accuracy) to 65 power (100% accuracy)
    - HM02 Fly has been buffed from 70 power (95% accuracy) to 90 power (95% accuracy)
    - HM03 Surf remains at 95 power (100% accuracy
    - HM04 Strength remains at 80 power (100% accuracy)
    - HM05 Flash has been buffed from 70% accuracy to 100% accuracy
    - HM06 Rock Smash has been buffed from 20 power (100% accuracy to 65 power (100% accuracy)
    - HM07 Waterfall remains at 80 power (100% accuracy)
    - HM08 Dive has been buffed from 60 power (100% accuracy) to 90 power (95% accuracy)

--

Also, another one of the many battle backgrounds inserted:

5Xe0Ce8.png

Beta 2.0 release date will hopefully follow soon.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Probably another 4-6 hours of content. Here is a picture of the region map with the Beta 2.0 content highlighted in yellow.

Xc2VxXZ.png

It might look like a small area, but trust me, the maps are massive in game. Just take a look at Route 7 :laugh-squinted:

TO6bgvm.png

--

Update on HMS:
    - HMs are now forgettable like regular moves (no need for move deleter)
    - HMs have been buffed to make them a lot more useful in battle movesets:
    - HM01 Cut has been buffed from 50 power (95% accuracy) to 65 power (100% accuracy)
    - HM02 Fly has been buffed from 70 power (95% accuracy) to 90 power (95% accuracy)
    - HM03 Surf remains at 95 power (100% accuracy
    - HM04 Strength remains at 80 power (100% accuracy)
    - HM05 Flash has been buffed from 70% accuracy to 100% accuracy
    - HM06 Rock Smash has been buffed from 20 power (100% accuracy to 65 power (100% accuracy)
    - HM07 Waterfall remains at 80 power (100% accuracy)
    - HM08 Dive has been buffed from 60 power (100% accuracy) to 90 power (95% accuracy)

--

Also, another one of the many battle backgrounds inserted:

5Xe0Ce8.png

Beta 2.0 release date will hopefully follow soon.

Excited for the new beta. Take your time on this masterpiece. It's one of the hacks I'm most looking forward to.

Back