• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A castle fit for a king!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Remaking an older one! C:

N's castle. One of the most stunning things from both sets of games, honestly. How did you feel when you first came upon it? When it first rose from the ground? Do you think they designed it amazingly, made it believable, made it look flawless?! And how about going through it - was it exciting, could've it been deeper, had more grunts, had more stuff in it? Would've you wanted it to have more of a story in B2/W2, how would've this best occured? Would've you liked to see Ghetsis hiding there for one final fight, with a castle much larger than before just appearing from the ground?

Share all your thoughts on N's castle. :)

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I never got that far in Black 2, but in the original Black yeah, when it came out of the ground I was like "woah". Obviously when it first comes up its not, y'know, console-level graphics but it has a good enough aesthetic that it doesn't matter.

I really enjoy all the music within the castle (background and when the gym leaders turn up), it just gave it all a feel of epic-ness that they'd never really achieved before (despite Gen III and IV villains' goals being destroying the Earth and destroying the universe respectively). Also N's room, complete with slightly eerie nursery-rhyme-type music really layers it on thick how cult-like this team is, but its pokémon so it comes off as a positive.

The lack of grunts was also very refreshing - we'd already had the usual post-6th/7th gym hideout showdown with all the grunts in Dragonspiral Tower, I liked that N's obsession with the myths meant that castle residents would actually help you rather than wear out your pp. The kinda undying obedience really plays into the feudalism theme of the team too.

Years
  • Yeah it was really cool, I was definitely surprised when it rose out of the ground after the E4 cause we've never seem anything like that in Pokemon before. I also liked the contrast between N's room and the rest of the castle, it definitely summed up the strange mysteries surrounding him.

Back