• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Looking for fifth and sixth pokemon for my team

jbat131

17th year of pokemon
Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2016
    I have
    Tylphosion- thunderpunch, flamethrower, earthquake and swift

Feraligatr- Surf, Ice punch, Slash and Earthquake

Alakazam- Psychic, thunderpunch, ice punch and shadow ball

Tyranitar- Thunderbolt, Ice beam, Crunch and earthquake

i have no trouble with anybody in game i feel those four cover my weaknesses pretty well but now im into battling with relatives and such and I just want the best possible team. Thanks for any input... Dragonite is my first thought just because he is super powerful

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I never play competitively, so I can't give an educated suggestion, I'm afraid. But Dragonite sounds good! As for the last one, how about Umbreon?

jbat131

17th year of pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2016
    umbreon was also a thought of mine but my tyranitar does way too well against psychic types which is the only reason i added a dark type and the people i battle against have this advantage over me which involves water pokemon(my typlosion and tyranitar are weak against it, and i dont have a counter to that) so i added lanturn so their pikachu couldnt do mass amounts of damage, but i could also have the advantages against their typhlosions and i also liked the idea of teaching a status move like toxic(i dont have a single move like that). dragonite i think is going to be my sixth but im not sure. My lanturn knows surf, ice beam, thunderbolt and toxic. Thanks though and any more input is appreciated

Last edited:

jbat131

17th year of pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2016
    it is the crystal rom on my phone, the only cheats i used were to buy an extra earthquake to teach to my typhlosion

Years
  • Dragonite and Umbreon are good options. How about a Grass type as well? Or even Electric?

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
    Years
  • I would recommend...

Electabuzz - Its speed is unsurpassable, given the proper training, not to mention the usefulness of Thunder Punch, Thunder Wave and Swift. I recommend that one, for sure.

Miltank - In addition to being infamously powerful, (Referencing how tough Whitney is.) Miltank also learns devastating techniques like Stomp, Body Slam and the Rollout/Defense Curl combo, not to mention its exclusive move, Milk Drink. Before, Recover was the only HP-restoring move in the game.

Back