• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Starting a Crystal hack rom, advice!

Years
Dear PC,

So I played Gold before and I played HG. Now I found a crystal hacked rom which is bascially just crystal with a few level and move set edit to make it harder! Since its 2nd gen and not 4th gen I am looking for team building advice!

So I chose cyndaquil as my starter and need some team building ideas. What types should I cover? Is Dragon Breath viable move for say fighting kingdra? Does 2nd gen have the ohko + x accuracy exploit like 1st gen ( only for snorlax vs. Red)? Also in terms of hm slaves, which ones can I find earlier in crystal?

Also any other tips?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Dragonbreath is a really great move against Kingdra. Dragon type moves are very scarce in Gen II aside from Twister, so having it will make your time with Kingdra easier. As for teams, I usually try to have one of each type. Makes it so you have really nice coverage. Even then I usually go for my favorites. From recent memory, there really aren't any standout HM slaves, though Marill does come to mind. One Pokemon I do recommend is Gyarados. It's quite the monster in-game.

Back