• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: Sun and Moon Team Up Sabrina's Suggestion error/defect card

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2019
    Hello everyone,

A couple of days ago I was opening up a booster box when I came across 181/181 Sabrina's suggestion, however, this one was different. I've done a little research online and can't find an exact replica of mine. Compared to the other trainer cards I have (173, 180) there is a slight difference.

So it appears that the top border has been cut off just up to where it states supporter and a golden line has been left at the bottom with a really small black dot.

I have no clue what this means, and I was wondering if someone could help me figure this out.

Thank you

Attachments

• Photo 22-04-2019, 11 08 40.jpg
      Photo 22-04-2019, 11 08 40.jpg
      1.3 MB · Views: 5
    • Photo 22-04-2019, 11 09 10.jpg
      Photo 22-04-2019, 11 09 10.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 3
    Years
  • Hello everyone,

A couple of days ago I was opening up a booster box when I came across 181/181 Sabrina's suggestion, however, this one was different. I've done a little research online and can't find an exact replica of mine. Compared to the other trainer cards I have (173, 180) there is a slight difference.

So it appears that the top border has been cut off just up to where it states supporter and a golden line has been left at the bottom with a really small black dot.

I have no clue what this means, and I was wondering if someone could help me figure this out.

Thank you

Basically, what you have is just a really egregious miscut. Miscuts unfortunately happen pretty frequently, and while this one is among the worst I've personally seen, I know a few people who staff events who've seen far worse (they've seen multiples where they were half of one card and half of another).

What causes this is that the cards are printed in massive sheets (maybe even at a level of one sheet per set, or at least all of a single rarity class?) and then cut up and if the cuts aren't aligned correctly the cards will be at least slightly misaligned if not completely misaligned. The bottom is likely part of one of the gold rare cards in Team Up.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2019
    Hey man,

Thank you for your reply.

What a shame it's nothing special! I did presume it could be from the latter cards in the collection. However, I did want some sort of confirmation.

It's still pretty cool to me with the golden line at the bottom of 181/181.

With what you've said I'll probably keep hold of it as my unique card.

If in the future I wish to sell the collection, would that card still be adequate?

Thanks,

Years
  • Hey man,

Thank you for your reply.

What a shame it's nothing special! I did presume it could be from the latter cards in the collection. However, I did want some sort of confirmation.

It's still pretty cool to me with the golden line at the bottom of 181/181.

With what you've said I'll probably keep hold of it as my unique card.

If in the future I wish to sell the collection, would that card still be adequate?

Thanks,

It may count as adequate, but it'll depend on the collector as a lot don't like miscuts.

That said the way this miscut ended up means the cards is still usable at official events since it has all the necessary information and is in good condition to work as Sabrina's Suggestion, so it's adequate enough for actually playing the game at least.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I just want to say that I'm a collector and I do like collecting miscuts! They're really nothing very special as far as price or limit is concerned but there are definitely a few of us out there who like little manufacturing errors like those. :)

Back