• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Map Making Competition ? October 2015 [Voting]

Vote For Your Favorite Map!

• Nex

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Akiba

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ~Ruki!

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Tailes

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Kroso

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • GoldenKHRP

• E.C.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
  • Map Making Competition – October 2015 [Voting]

Welcome to the October Voting Round!

Rules:

· You may only vote once per month.
    · Asking or bribing others to vote for your map, will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Creating new accounts to vote will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Voting via the thread is not counted, only votes via the poll count.

Maps:

1. Nex
    Map name: Route 800
    Comments: From a very very old hack of mine but I edited it a little here and there...
    Credits: Gaia,Kyledove,Gamefreak,Nex

Spoiler:

2. Akiba
    Map name: Furthen Path
    Comments: I made this back in 2013. My first and last ever map. The hack that contained this map is long gone/dead.
    Credits: Two and a half years ago. Don't remember if I even have anyone to credit.

Spoiler:

3. ~Ruki!
    Map name: Route 2
    Comments: A normal route, connect Coudburst City with Everspring City.
    Credits: Zeo, Magiscarf, Soloo

Spoiler:

4. Tailes
    Map name: Route 5
    Comments: I wanted to keep it simple, it's an optional route connecting two towns, which is why i went with the urban-y path tiles. Combee and Buneary are common here. That one tile on the top gatehouse entrance doesn't show properly because it's triple-layered.
    Credits: The tiles are mostly vanilla FR and EM, signs were made by me.

Spoiler:

5. Kroso
    Map name: Route 609
    Comments: For some odd reason, I feel like this map is missing something but I have no idea what. I tried to add as much decoration as I could, and I think it looks good. Also ignore the tile errors with the trees, need dat triple layer.
    Also, I'm well aware of the route only going one way, the cave is the second.
    Credits: Zeo, Magicscarf, Zein, and WeselyFG.

Spoiler:

6. GoldenKHRP
    Map name: Route 26
    Comments: A swamp based route. The player enters the map from the bottom (South). The building in the middle is a research facility, working on some experiments in the swamp. The map will be shrouded in a thick layer of mist.
    Credits: Gamefreak for the Fire-Red Rom. Furthermore credits to Alistair and ChaoticCherryCake. ChaoticCherryCake's tileset consist of tiles from multiple mappers. A complete list can be found here:
    http://chaoticcherrycake.deviantart....iles-367931482

Spoiler:

7. E.C.
    Map name: none.
    Comments: Player starts from the left and goes up or down to the beach.
    Credits: Wesley FG

Spoiler:

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    There are several people you left out of the voting poll like MtArgente,HiroTDK,destinedjagold,Kwstaspaokara,uncommon, and J.B. Is there a reason why they were left out?

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • There are several people you left out of the voting poll like MtArgente,HiroTDK,destinedjagold,Kwstaspaokara,uncommon, and J.B. Is there a reason why they were left out?

From now on, there will only be 7 maps chosen to make it to the voting round. I did that to avoid the winner getting 2 votes.

Uncommon

Oozma Kappa
    Years
  • From now on, there will only be 7 maps chosen to make it to the voting round. I did that to avoid the winner getting 2 votes.

That makes sense, I can see the need to narrow it down. But how do you decide who moves on? I think just having one person pick is not going to be a great long-term solution if you want to revive this competition. For the record, I'm not upset that my map didn't get picked - I just wish there was more of a process to determine who moves on.

Just to throw out one idea, what if there was a poll to see which ones should move on to voting, and the top 7 vote-getters were then entered in another poll to determine the winner?

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • That makes sense, I can see the need to narrow it down. But how do you decide who moves on? I think just having one person pick is not going to be a great long-term solution if you want to revive this competition. For the record, I'm not upset that my map didn't get picked - I just wish there was more of a process to determine who moves on.

Just to throw out one idea, what if there was a poll to see which ones should move on to voting, and the top 7 vote-getters were then entered in another poll to determine the winner?

Yes. I guess that could work. I'll try it next time!

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    Went for GoldenKHRP's map because Gen 5 graphics rips are overrated af, and the custom tiles I did see didn't stay true to the style of Gen III as much as this map did. This map gets a gold star from me for the effort put into cool and original sprites, to be honest it isn't the greatest map there but it's the one I liked the most so there. haha

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2016
    Ruki's tiles are the best. I don't know how those diagonal walls would work ingame though. Kroso needs to get proper downstairs tiles, Tailes map is the most creative, but Ruki's tiles are the most beautiful.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • And the winner is........Nex!

Congratulations to Nex for winning Octobers Map Making Competition!!!

Next Entry round will start on December 1st!

Back