• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen One Pokemon to catch them all...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • In just 20 minutes, I just caught two roaming Pokemon which have eluded me for the entire 2 years I've owned HeartGold, and I did it with just one Pokemon: Gallade. It's the only Pokemon that, to my knowledge, can learn False Swipe, Hypnosis, and Mean Look. So when a roaming legendary shows up, lock it in with Mean Look, put it to sleep with Hypnosis, and almost-kill-it-but-not-really with False Swipe. It made catching them so easy! So just wanted to share my newly discovered method of catching legendaries (it also works pretty well with catching all Pokemon since Gallade has such high attack,so it doesn't need to be at that high a level to bring it down to 1 HP).

If this is common knowledge, please let me know so that I can proceed to feel silly xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I knew about this method, but never used Gallade for it. xD What I usually did was have Absol use Mean Look, then pass it down to Breloom via Baton Pass. Breloom's got access to False Swipe, and also Spore. Spore is better than Hypnosis, as it never misses.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I weaken it with something, find it a bunch of times, and use my haunter's mean look.

Back