• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Pokemon: The Uprising

Years
  • This story is rated PG-13 for the following:
    - Violence
    - Dark themes

Greetings fellow writers and critics! I'm here with my very own fanfic!
    So recently I've wanted to write a story about... just something. I tried a realistic fiction for fun, but it didn't seem like that was the right genre for me. I'm just going to do some straight-up fiction instead, and hopefully you enjoy!

Chapter Schedule: So I do plan on writing this story until the end (actually I'm mainly writing this story because of the ending I have planned), but I'm kind of busy right now. I hope to be able to upload one chapter each weekend, and one chapter at some point during the week. Ok, so with everyone out of the way, here's a short intro for you all to read while I write chapter one.

Intro:
    I'm a world famous Pokemon trainer. I've defeated 6 league champions. I'm considered to be the best trainer in the world, but there is one problem with that title. I'm not the reason for my success, it is my Pokemon that bring me to victory. My Pokemon and I have been together for 6 years; we've trained hard and bonded to the point of family. My Pokemon are my family, and I am my Pokemon's family. Nothing on the face of the planet can shake our bond. Or at least, that's what I thought...

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • Oh hi there. Dropping by to say before making a thread you need at least your first chapter written and just a intro/summary won't work. Closing this for now on the grounds first chapter isn't ready yet. When you have the first chapter finished you can either PM me so I can unclose it or create a new thread. Sorry if this causes trouble.''

Edit- Okay, original poster said they got something written now, so I went ahead and unclosed it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • @Bay Alexison: Thanks for unlocking the thread. Sorry I overlooked the fact that I needed a chapter before posting. :)

Chapter 1: Living the Dream

Brilliant shining lights are flashing from cameras all around me, and the crowd is roaring. I hear people chanting my name, while others are cheering for my opposition, Diantha. This is a scene I am used to, so it won't rattle me no matter how loud the crowd becomes. It's not the crowd that is getting to me, it's my opponent. I feel beads of sweat gathering on my forehead and around my ears, and I wipe them off with the sleeve of my right arm. But every time I wipe the sweat off, more appears.

The situation is this. I have two Pokemon, while Diantha has three. A comeback has to begin immediately if I want to win, and I know I have to win. Maybe I'm losing because of the pressure, but I can't help that. I've defeated five league champions across the world, and winning this match will make me the strongest trainer without question. I try to shake that thought out of my mind, but it's just sitting there in the front of my brain, blocking my strategies, my rational thinking, and everything else that is needed to win a match. I won't lose this match though, I swear on it.

"Moltres, use Flamethrower!" I shout. Moltres spews a huge beam of flame out of its mouth, and it explodes all over Goodra. The Goodra shakes it off like it was nothing. "What am I even thinking?" I question out loud. "Flamethrower does nothing to Goodra!" I have studied type match-ups extensively over the past few years, and I would never make a rookie mistake like that. I have to shake all this pressure off.

"Goodra, use Thunderbolt!" Diantha commands her Pokemon from across the arena. The Goodra begins to build up electricity inside of its mouth, and fires a huge blast of electricity at Moltres. Moltres lets out a groan and collapses to the floor.

"Argh!" I scream loudly.

"And that brings down Moltres!" The announcer shouts, hyping up the crowd. "Will the supposed most powerful trainer fall to Diantha?"

"Not a chance," I say, a little louder than intended. I take out my last Poke Ball, and stare down at it. "Blastoise, I've needed your help a lot over the past few years." I say to the ball. "But I need you to come through for me right now. Please. I know you can do it Blastoise!" I throw the Poke Ball out several feet in front of me, and my beloved partner, Blastoise comes out. Then I take out Moltres' Poke Ball and return the fallen fire bird. "Moltres, I expected more from you. We're in a bind now. But is okay, just get a good rest."

Blastoise is standing in front of me, and I know exactly what Diantha is planning. A Thunderbolt here will shatter my chances at winning. What should I do, what should I do? A memory flashes before me briefly.

I was exiting Pallet Town with my new partner Squirtle in his Poke Ball, when a boy who was in some green pajamas ran up to me, asking for a battle. He had just received a Pokemon from the professor as well, only he had a Pikachu. It was a poor type matchup for me, but I accepted. The battle began quickly, I had Squirtle use Tackle, and the poor other trainer was trying to get the Pikachu to use Thundershock, but the Pikachu wouldn't listen. Finally, when the Pikachu had been weakened a great deal, he shot a Thundershock at Squirtle, which I thought would knock him out. Instead, Squirtle did something incredible. He had absorbed most of the blast with his shell, and when he used Water Gun, a zap of electricity flew out inside the water, and knocked out the Pikachu. The boy tried returning the Pikachu to its Poke Ball, but it refused to enter it. Squirtle had survived a strong electric blast, despite the odds, because of his natural instinct.

I think I plan on using that strategy right now, against Goodra, in the most important battle of my life. "Goodra, use Thunderbolt!" Diantha shouts calmly. Goodra begins to build up electricity inside its mouth.

"Blastoise," I say, quietly. "I want you to absorb this Thunderbolt with your shell. You've done it before, and try to do the same now. It's our best bet at making a comeback." The Thunderbolt comes, and connects with Blastoise. I can't tell whether Blastoise blocked it with his shell or not. The crowd goes completely silent. A huge cloud of black smoke forms where Blastoise is standing. Is this it? Have I lost? Just then, the cloud clears. Blastoise is still standing. The crowd roars with excitement, and I can tell that Blastoise had absorbed the electricity just like I commanded. Diantha stood there, completely in shock.

"Blastoise, now is your chance!" I say. "Use Hydro Pump!" Blastoise rears back, his cannons building up water, but I can tell something is different. The electricity that had been absorbed is going to be shot out of Blastoise's cannons as well! I am elated. My plan is working perfectly. Blastoise shoots out the water, and the water is surrounded with electricity. It hits Goodra, and creates the brightest, most powerful flash I have ever seen. The The light subsides, and Goodra is out cold. The crowd is roaring louder than ever before, and my name is being chanted again.

"Is this the beginning of a massive comeback?" The announcer asks rhetorically. "I have never seen such an incredible attack in my life!"

"Go, Hawlucha!" Diantha says as she sends Hawlucha out.

"Blastoise, make this quick and use Ice Beam!" I command. Blastoise lets out a thin beam of ice, and Hawlucha tries to fly above it. "Blastoise, tilt your cannons towards Hawlucha!" Blastoise began to lift up his cannons, and the ice connected with Hawlucha in midair. I don't believe the ice will take him out, but the fall most certainly will. Sure enough, Hawlucha is knocked out.

"And just like that It is a one versus one!" The announcer shouts, who seems just as shocked as everyone else in the stadium.

Diantha seems to be keeping her cool still. I know that this isn't even close to over. She still has Gardevoir, who rumor has it can Mega Evolve. That's okay, because Blastoise appears ready to Mega Evolve as well. Diantha sends out Gardevoir, and both of out Mega Rings start shining at the same time. I press the button on mine, and Diantha does the same. A sphere of light surrounds Blastoise and Gardevoir, and they emerge with their Mega forms.

Blastoise seems brimming with energy, and I believe he still has a bit of electricity left stored in his cannons as well. I know that things could go badly if the electricity is left in Blastoise's cannons for too long, so I have him fire a Hydro Pump immediately, specifying to pour out the rest of the stored electricity with it. The burst of water comes out, and it shoots so fast the there is nothing Gardevoir can do to avoid it. Gardevoir takes the hit, but it is paralyzed!

Diantha seems shocked at how Blastoise used that electricity from Goodra, and now that Gardevoir is paralyzed, I am in the front seat. "Gardevoir, use Moonblast!" Diantha commands. Gardevoir conjures up a large sphere of light and fires it at Blastoise, but it is weaker than usual. Blastoise can't get out of the way fast enough, but the hit doesn't faze him at all. He is standing firm, ready for another move, while Gardevoir looks on the verge of collapsing.

"Blastoise, we can finish this with a Hydro Pump!" I command. "Do it now!" Blastoise prepares another Hydro Pump, and fires it at Gardevoir. Gardevoir is too weak to move, and the hit topples her. It was over.

"And with the most amazing comeback in recent history, our winner is Peter Windome!" The crowd is going nuts, huge cutouts of my face are all over the stadium, and cameras are flashing brilliantly. I feel overwhelmed, but incredibly proud at the same time. I run over to Blastoise, who has reverted from Mega form, and embrace him.

"Blastoise, we did it!" I exclaim, too elated to say anything else. Diantha walks over and we shake hands. She congratulats me on my quick thinking and brilliant tactics, and leads me over to where they are reeling out a large trophy.

"We present this award to a very special Pokemon trainer," the announcer says. "He has overcome countless obstacles and challenges to reach where he is now, which is why we present this award to him. Everyone, please welcome the world champion, the best trainer ever, the GOAT, Peter Windome!" The crowd is shrieking at this point, and all the feelings and emotions are making me tremble. "Peter, what do you want to say to the crowd?" The announcer asks as he hands me the microphone.

"I just want to say that I could never have made it this far without my Pokemon!" I say. "We have worked so hard to get here, and I am overjoyed to share this moment with you all!" The crowd has still not quieted down, and the announcer hands me my trophy. It is a large trophy, with a gold beam connected to the base and a gold Poke Ball on the top. It is a great award, but the greatest feelings come from just the pure joy and satisfaction of achieving the dream that every good trainer strives to accomplish.

The ceremony drags on for another half hour at least, with guest speakers such as friends, family, and trainers I have defeated all discussing my accomplishments. Finally, I leave the stadium and a private jet flies me to the airport nearest to my hometown, Pallet Town.

I step into my cozy home, and regrettably, I don't think I have been there for over a year. My mother greets me with a warm embrace and we discuss all sorts of things until late at night. It is wonderful being able to converse with my mother like this after so long; I have barely spent time in my house since I set off on my adventure at age 11, which was 6 whole years ago. We both go to our beds, and we are both still extremely happy about today's events.

Little do I know that this was the last normal day of my life…

Last edited:
    Years
  • Chapter 2: The Fall of Society

Pokemon Tower- Lavender Town

"Good morning, Clefable. I brought you your favorite flowers today!" A young woman in her mid-twenties says. She is holding a mix of sunflowers and tulips in her hand, and lays the bundle in front of a tombstone. "I hope you are enjoying yourself. Please promise me that you will wait for me, when I pass from this world to the next."

Several other Pokemon trainers are paying their respects to their fallen comrades as well. The tower has a thin layer of mist on each floor, and the rooms become slightly cooler as trainers wander higher up the tower. Another trainer, this one a young adult male in his mid-teenage years, is one floor above the woman, paying his respects.

"Machoke, thank you for everything you have done for me. I think of you every day, and wish that you could share each moment of life with me. But life isn't fair. Life takes the ones most deserving to live first, and then it takes the others after. I really wish you were still here, by my side. Lord Arceus, please take care of lifelong partner."

The Lavender Tower is eerily silent, as the only things that can be heard are the quiet voices of trainers speaking to their Pokemon who have passed away. In the silence, a loud thud sounds from the top floor. All the trainers freeze and look up, expecting to see something right above them. All goes silent, until another thud occurs, just seconds after the first.

"What… what was that noise?" The teenager says, to nobody in particular.

A median, who can communicate to the dead, is the first to respond. "That is the noise of the unrest of the dead. An unhappy spirit lingers above us."

All the trainers accept this as a valid reason, and continue to go about their business. About a minute later, a chilling shriek comes from above, where the thuds had occurred earlier. Footsteps are heard throughout the tower, as concerned trainers run up to investigate the situation. Just as many trainers are running down the stairs, getting out of the tower as quickly as possible.

The teenager, the young woman, and about a dozen other trainers run up the stairs, accompanied by three medians, who claim they can calm the dead. The group rushed up to the top floor, where an old man stands in the center of the circular floor. The man is screaming, as there are blurry objects spinning in circles around the man. The objects are creating nightmarish noises, which is a combination of moaning, howling, and shrieking. The medians run near the circle of objects, and begin chanting.

"What are those hideous creatures?" The young woman asks in a nervous tone.

"Those appear to be the spirits of dead Pokemon," a middle aged man replies. "I don't know what this pandemonium is though. I've come here day after day for years, and I've never seen anything like this!"

Just then, the spirits go silent, and a split second later, they charge towards the old man. The man gives one last scream, and drops to the ground, dead. The spirits then change into Pokemon forms, revealing their true selves. Several Gengar, Chandelure, and Dusknoir are revealed as the spirits. Trainers back up towards the stairs, and the young woman lets out an ear-piercing scream. The medians continue chanting, but nothing happens.

The Pokemon begin their onslaught. The Chandelure spew flames against the walls, setting the tower ablaze. The Gengar hurl purple and black orbs at the stairs, preventing any trainers from running. The Dusknoir attack the trainers.

The teenager sends out his Electavire, the young woman sends out her Chansey, and other trainers send out their Pokemon. The Dusknoirs, Gengars, and Chandelures throw out attacks at the trainers Pokemon, who counter with attacks of all types. Fire, water, electricity, and explosions fill the area. One of the blasts set one of the burning walls tumbling down. The Ghost Pokemon vanish, and the Pokemon Tower begins to collapse. Hopeless, the trainers desperately make attempts to unblock the stairwell, with no success. Several more walls begin to crack, and the Pokemon Tower collapses to the ground.

Spear Pillar- Mt. Cornet

Across the globe from the events in Lavender Town, The Spear Pillar sits quietly atop the massive Mt. Cornet. Hikers often hike the mountain, but hardly any dare enter the sacred Spear Pillar, known for its connection with the Gods.

Tremors begin to occur at Spear Pillar, and become increasingly more violent. Pillars begin to crack and collapse, and three large black portals appear, unleashing three massive Pokemon. The Pokemon all fly separate directions. The first Pokemon is Dialga, who flies atop the Sinnoh Region. The second Pokemon is Palkia, who flies to the Hoenn Region. The last Pokemon to be released is Giratina, who flies to the Johto region.

Sinnoh Region

It is early in the morning; 3 A.M. on the dot. Dialga hovers over Mt. Cornet. It lets out a roar, and a blue light briefly surrounds to entire region, the sleeping residents completely unaware of the happenings. The blue light stops, along with the region.

Hoenn Region

It is midday. Busy residents rush to and from places, while others relax on the beach, appreciating a beautiful day. The sky is blue, the weather is just right, and the sun gently stretches its rays onto the people. One minute, the day seems beautiful and normal. The next moment, all goes wrong.

An odd purple shade engulfs the lovely blue sky. Everyone freezes and looks around. Palkia then appears from the purple veil and lets out a huge roar. People across all towns run. Some go inside, while others run without any sense of what to do. Then, the entire continent is lifted up. One moment, it rests along the sea, the next, it is hovering the the air. As it ascends, massive fissures appear, and pieces of the land break apart. Then, everything falls. The entire Hoenn Region falls to the vast ocean below, and the land breaks on the ocean like glass shattering. All that is left are chunks of land floating around. What was once an entire continent is now small chunks of land randomly assorted in the ocean.

Johto Region

It is early in the evening, when the sun is on the verge of sleeping under the horizon. Residents still scuttle across towns and cities, completing their businesses before the day is over. However, out of nowhere, a huge black portal appears and surrounds the entire region, stretching from Mt. Sliver to Cianwood City. Then, the entire region gets sucked into the whole, with no trace of it ever being there.

Bay

Years
  • It is early in the morning; 3 A.M. on the dot. Dialga hovers over Mt. Cornet. It lets out a roar, and a blue light briefly surrounds to entire region, the sleeping residents completely unaware of the happenings. The blue light stops, along with the region.

"The" you mean?

For the first chapter, I think it's great you start out with an established trainer and a match against Champion Diantha at that. After Blastoise's appearance and him absorbing the electricity, I feel Hawlucha fell down a bit too soon but Blastoise's battle against Gardevoir is overall pretty cool.

Second chapter, it's interesting how you set up the destruction of each region. I think for the Sinnoh and Johto sections you could perhaps add more description of the destruction the way you did Kanto's, moreso the people panicking and such. Other than that, I do wonder how Peter's win connects the destruction going on. Looking forward to more!

Back