• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] How the Ultra Beasts Came to Be [Draft Update 3]

Luxray Master

Main Head for the Starlight Team
Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    This, this is just a regular old story... Of how the Ultra Beasts came to be.
    When the Ultimate Weapon was first fired 3000 years ago by AZ, it created Mega Stones out of regular evolutionary stones. What if that wasn't all that was made? It was said that it also created dangerous orbs dubbed 'Beast Orbs,' only recently yet kept hidden by the public by the Aether Foundation, that could do powerful things if in the right circumstances.
    Well, as these Orbs were scattered across the planet, they would create more and more of these 'Ultra-Megas', another name dubbed by the Aether Foundation, or UMs for short. These beasts would wreak havoc on Human towns and cities, and no-one could stop them. At least, not until Arceus heard about these UMs.
    Arceus, accompanied by Dialga, Palkia, and of course his thousands of Unown, created another Dimension, called the Ultra Space, and channeled these UMs and Ultra Orbs into this other dimension. Now, these orbs would react if a certain amount of certain species congregated in mass numbers, and Unown was one of these species. A special change would occur if this reaction was to be near any Legendaries or Mythical Pokémon. Now, when this reaction occurred, the Orbs also took in Dialga, Palkia, and Arceus with the Unown and created what has been called the 'Corrupt Arceus' or the 'Ultra God Arceus' by the Aether Foundation.
    Now, this Pokémon knew the signature move of Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, and the Unown, making it very powerful and undefeatable. It took the help of Humans and Pokémon to slowly move this Ultra God into the portal with the other UBs and Ultra Orbs. This was what made the Aether Foundation's Leader so interested in the Ultra Beasts.
    Now, while within this Ultra Space, the UMs that were close enough to one another and a beast orb would form into a Ultra Beast. The UG Arceus, on the other hand, worked to form a being that it then sent back through into the Pokémon world, and this Pokémon is Cosmog. Now, due to the fact that Cosmog was created by the UG Arceus, it is neither Pokémon or Ultra beast, but a mix in-between. Due to this, Solgaleo and Lunala are also neither Ultra Beasts nor Pokémon. Since there is neither a sun nor a moon within this dimension, the UG did not know that this creation would be affected by either. Now, a lot of you are probably wondering how it was possible that Lusamine, the Aether President, was able to merge with a Nihilego, an Ultra Beast. Well, it is simple. The Nihilego is actually an Ultra Mega Tentacruel that had merged with itself enough times to become what it is as of the time. Since they are only able to merge with each other, every encounter most likely resulted in the UB Nihilego. Now, when the Nihilego was created, it took properties of a ghost type, the ability to control others, while taking on a completely different typing to compensate. The Ultra Space, where this combining took place, was not as beautiful as it is now. It used to be nothing, just a vast space of emptiness. After a while, these non-combined Ultra Megas would die off, being suspended in the space to forever drift. Now, the UG Arceus had taken the dead bodies and formed them together to create the land that was being shown during the events of Pokémon Sun & Moon. This land, however, is not complete due to the fact that there was not enough bodies around to create one solid landmass.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • Hey, so I'm dropping by here real quick to comment on a few things.

To be honest, I feel this is more like a headcanon/theory instead of fic, unless this is just a prologue and you have a longer fic in the works.

I admit to being fuzzy on some of the details from Sun/Moon since it's been some weeks since I last played the games. I can see you try to relate the Sinnoh myth with the Alola stuff since the games referenced Sinnoh a lot. One thing though does Giratina relate to any of this, since it does has its own dimension of sorts in Platinum? Also, I feel the corrupt Arceus form is a bit farfetched since...

Spoiler:

Short version is while it's interesting you want to mix in Sinnoh's myth with the Ultra Beasts, some of your ideas kinda contradict with what was already presented in the games. I don't know if you want to stop here or you'll make this into a bigger story, but either way I wish you luck on your future writings/other fanworks.

Luxray Master

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    Well, it is kinda both, it is a fic/theory, as in it has a theory-lead story. This is really just a starter for it, and I will be updating it more. The name might also change. And also with the Corrupt Arceus, it is meant to show that when the Unown that were helping Arceus Ultra-formed (for lack of a better name), the new UM took the attributes of the three legendaries that were in the vicinity, while Silvally is just like Porygon, it's manmade.. The reason Giratina was not part of this is because this was still a long time ago, and this new dimension is not the distortion world.

Last edited:

Vragon

Interesting I could definitely see this in some alternate world of sun and moon, but are some errors if you apply it to the version's canon. First, the ultimate weapon was fired by AZ around 3000 years ago. While Lysandre did fire it, he didn't have the power in the weapon that AZ had and couldn't really make mega stones. So if these beast orbs did happen it would have been long ago. Also, Arceus I do believe is sort of relevant, however I wouldn't it past him to not notice these strange appearances. Also, if humans helped the mon's drive the Corrupt God back, then Aether's secret wouldn't be a secret unless they were able to silence the group. Also, Necrozma I feel would be highly involved in this. Yes, I know there isn't much on him, but he is responsible for Z-crystals and the Tapu's have such unique crystals. It's an interesting idea, though a bit out there.

Luxray Master

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    Well, the Aether foundation DID silence them, do you know of the statue in Eterna City? Yeah, they scratched it off to hide as much as possible from the world, though it was blamed on Team Galactic. They also silenced Celestial Town, and pretty much every other town with any relation to the Creation Trio (more like quad, because of Arceus) Necrozma isn't a part of this because of the fact that yes, it created the Z-crystals and the Tapu's, but otherwise this did not affect it. And remember, this is a story in the form of a theory, and so some things may not match up.

Back