• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] How to check does a specific Pokemon in the party have a nickname?

Years
  • Okay, I found few posts saying that it is possible in FireRed by using special 0x7B, which is used in the Name Rater script. So, I found the analogous special in Emerald (special 0x7E). Then, I tested both of them and they DO NOT check if Pokemon has a nickname or not. They just check if a new given nickname is the same to the old one or not. So, does anyone know how to do it?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • You can do this in a bit of a roundabout way. It isn't pretty, but it works. This is for FR:

Spoiler:

Initially I tried to use comparebanks command but it always gave a false reading when comparing banks 0x0/ 0x1 and crashed the script whenever I tried to use bank 0x2. That's why it looks really ugly with all of the comparefarbyte commands ;_;

You can use a similar script for Emerald. Just change special 0x9F to 0xA2 (plus a waitstate), special 0x7C to 0x7F and special 0xFF to 0x149. The starting pointers to buffers 0x0 and 0x1 are 0x2021CC4 and 0x2021DC4 respectively - Just add one to each iteration until you've gone through all of the comparefarbyte commands.

Years
  • You can do this in a bit of a roundabout way. It isn't pretty, but it works. This is for FR:

Spoiler:

Initially I tried to use comparebanks command but it always gave a false reading when comparing banks 0x0/ 0x1 and crashed the script whenever I tried to use bank 0x2. That's why it looks really ugly with all of the comparefarbyte commands ;_;

You can use a similar script for Emerald. Just change special 0x9F to 0xA2 (plus a waitstate), special 0x7C to 0x7F and special 0xFF to 0x149. The starting pointers to buffers 0x0 and 0x1 are 0x2021CC4 and 0x2021DC4 respectively - Just add one to each iteration until you've gone through all of the comparefarbyte commands.

You're such a savior! Thank you very much! It works perfectly! ^__^

Last edited:
    Back