• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] The First Journey & Red's Journey West v.10

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    No offense but this game is way too hard. the early game trainers were way too high leveled and the fact that there isn't anywhere for me to heal made it so that I was constantly having to win most of the early battles on my second try after I blacked out the first time. I know the game is supposed to be hard and that the 'no pokemon centers' ties into the lore but jeez man. This might just be me but whenever I think about a difficult pokemon game I'm always inclined to wonder if it's "TOO difficult" and when that question comes up I answer it by asking myself the question "could I realistically beat this with normal nuzlocke rules" and if not I'd usually consider toning it down a notch. granted I've never actually made a game before. Most of my ideas are just that; ideas, so I'm not gonna try and tell you what to do with YOUR game. It's just something that I thought you might wanna think about. I like hard games from time to time but personally I think this was the equivalent of me saying "yea I like a little bit of spice in my food" and then getting served a plate of ghost peppers. Still enjoyed the game tho.

Hello, thank you for the feedback. Goes without saying that no offense is taken, lol.

Why have you found it so difficult though? The game wasn't really made to be difficult, as it is a story game. Feedback reports from players have never mentioned such a high level of difficulty so far. Besides there's a lot of stuff in place to help players too:

1) Route 6 is the first Route you should head to, serves as an easy way to gain EXP for Tauros, everything gets one-shotted with Frustration (and that goes for Route 11 too). Bsically Route 6, 11, and 12, and even R8 trainers can get one-shotted by Tauros, so I am not really sure why you found them so difficult to deal with.
    2) The vendor in Vermillion is selling a cheap Geodude that can basically carry the entire game
    3) Another vendor sells a Rhyhorn that can also do the same, particularly since it can evolve into Rhyperior later on
    4) The text-file that comes with the game states that you can catch Oak's OG team when certain story-events happen. So you don't really need a lot of balls, you can simply keep your extra balls and even sell them to make money!
    5) The first two vendors have high-leveled mons, Geodude in particular, is level 25.
    6) You can easily get through the entire game even with Tauros alone...
    7) The game provides a huge number of spawn points, so if you lose, especially when you enter a new route, witness a new cutscene, etc, you will almost always spawn next, or very close to where you lost. So assuming you do end up losing, you can simply spawnheal almost everywhere.
    8) Speaking of spawnhealing, this is also the cheapest and easiest way to get healed. Simply take the loss and respawn (really close or even next to where you lost). Sure, you might lose some money too, but especially in the early-game, you may perhaps take 2 losses max until you reach Mt.Moon.
    9) You get supplies twice, one very early on (right as you're entering Rock Tunnel) and one at Silph. The former gives you enough to get through both Rock Tunnel and even Mt. Moon. The latter basically solves any late-game problem you might have encountered.

As far as Nuzlocking and the such are concerned, I am sorry but these had never been taken into consideration. Since from a gameplay standpoint, resource management is the focus for those who want to avoid losing, the free healing necessary to facilitate playstyles like that (and even semi-competitive battling) simply isn't there. Apologies but the game wasn't really built for Nuzlocking purposes. As I said earlier, spawnhealing is set up in a way that can assist casual playstyles.

Perhaps you are reluctant to take losses?

Also, don't be that hesitant to try out your luck at making a game, what prevents ideas from materializing is obviously practice.

Last edited:

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Apologies for the bumping, but 3.0, a version attempting to mitigate the crashing issues that have been affecting some people, is here.
    If the game still crashes for you, please leave a report either on the forums or on discord.
    In any case, we are migrating the game to a new engine soon, so if you are still experiencing problems, it is advised that you wait.

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    Hi, loved the game it's great work.
    I was wondering now that the story is finished, is there a way to get balls apart from the ball nerds who need apricorns? It's very hard to catch almost 151 with this way only

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, loved the game it's great work.
    I was wondering now that the story is finished, is there a way to get balls apart from the ball nerds who need apricorns? It's very hard to catch almost 151 with this way only

Thank you, glad you liked it!
    Doing a Professor Oak's Challenge in a Professor Oak game? Well, the game wasn't built around that, but if there's popular demand, we could always have some assistant give you X amount of free balls every day, during the "postgame".

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    Thank you, glad you liked it!
    Doing a Professor Oak's Challenge in a Professor Oak game? Well, the game wasn't built around that, but if there's popular demand, we could always have some assistant give you X amount of free balls every day, during the "postgame".

Yeah, it would be like "the origin of Professor Oak's Challenge"^^
    It's not irrealistic as balls can theorically come from the League in order for Oak to study the Johto pokemons imo
    Also I'm wondering if it's possible to catch the legendary birds hehe

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah, it would be like "the origin of Professor Oak's Challenge"^^
    It's not irrealistic as balls can theorically come from the League in order for Oak to study the Johto pokemons imo
    Also I'm wondering if it's possible to catch the legendary birds hehe

Yes it's a good idea, I'm adding it to the list for the next major update.
    Spoiler:

Where to find a dragonite?

You can get a dratini
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2021
    Does anybody know how to download? The link sent me to MEGA and I downloaded the app, but I have no idea where to go from there. When you explain, please do so as if I'm a very stupid person as well. This game looks amazing and I want to play it, but I can't figure out how using MEGA.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Does anybody know how to download? The link sent me to MEGA and I downloaded the app, but I have no idea where to go from there. When you explain, please do so as if I'm a very stupid person as well. This game looks amazing and I want to play it, but I can't figure out how using MEGA.
    After downloading the game , it should come out as a .Zip file. You can use either 7Zip or Winrar to dezip it , then move the folder inside to your computer , open said folder , and click on Game.Exe to play

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2022
    What do i need the play the game after downloading on android i get a 7z file.what do i do.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What do i need the play the game after downloading on android i get a 7z file.what do i do.

Hello, the game is inside a zipped archive, to open that archive you can use the open source software called 7zip. I don't know if there's a build for android, however, even if you extract the root folder of the game on your phone you still need an external interpreter application to play, as the game is for windows.

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I made it i installed a file extractor and followed this video https://youtu.be/heTncyFdR7U ty now i have to fixthe option cuz i messes them up.ty any way

Alright, you are welcome. I don't know about this YT video in particular, but, generally, you should be weary of sites and videos that provide links to other sites that usually re-host fangames and also use adlinks... If the site simply provides the link to the thread or the link provided in the thread as is, then it's usually fine.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2021
    Just finished playing the game.

Time was tight so I couldn't dig for all Easter eggs, but this game was a masterpiece.

First, resource and healing scarcity. Very on point, mwah. I loved every second of me not being able to go around with my team fully healed, not able to revive in battle, not able to buy any healing at all because I spent all on BALLS.
    I really can't stress how much fresher the whole experience felt.

Difficulty: again, on point. And as developers said, game is usually generous with the resets

Story: very entertaining. My background was only the general pokemon lore but i could appreciate most of the plot. Characters were very well written, to the point i was sad finding out that oak was such an arse in the end (,or am I thinking so because I missed something?)

Typos: I'm not a native English speaker but i would swear i encountered two.. didn't screenshot tho, sorry if this is a false alarm..

Finale: well, yes, it seemed a bit rushed. Things didn't REALLY come together, i would have liked to see some of the following:

1) who is this aka family? Who is the baby they throw to the sea?
    2) what happened to the tribe? Do they integrate or do some of them run back to the forest and become the trainers protecting indigo plateau?
    3) what happens to Agatha? What brings her to her ghost types? This sounds so in contrast with her healing character...
    4) we were promised a final fight with our friends once things have settled... I get that John and ...his gf might be off after what Sam does, but Agatha? Will she stand as leader?
    5) i would LOVE some slight, even easy fight-wise post game to see my team once more.. basically what happens now is that beating the tribe leader leads you to a VERY long end sequence, with NO continue in pallet. Sooo bitter for a pokemon fan :)
    6) what about the elite four? Will we see them take their spot?
    7) maybe can we see the whole system come into work, up to the proclamation of the first champion?

Throwing stuff out really, i just wish some post game was.there :)

Thanks a lot for the invaluable piece you produced though! I'll be in touch on discord

AenaonDusky

DeliveryBoy
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just finished playing the game.

Time was tight so I couldn't dig for all Easter eggs, but this game was a masterpiece.

First, resource and healing scarcity. Very on point, mwah. I loved every second of me not being able to go around with my team fully healed, not able to revive in battle, not able to buy any healing at all because I spent all on BALLS.
    I really can't stress how much fresher the whole experience felt.

Difficulty: again, on point. And as developers said, game is usually generous with the resets

Story: very entertaining. My background was only the general pokemon lore but i could appreciate most of the plot. Characters were very well written, to the point i was sad finding out that oak was such an arse in the end (,or am I thinking so because I missed something?)

Typos: I'm not a native English speaker but i would swear i encountered two.. didn't screenshot tho, sorry if this is a false alarm..

Finale: well, yes, it seemed a bit rushed. Things didn't REALLY come together, i would have liked to see some of the following:

1) who is this aka family? Who is the baby they throw to the sea?
    2) what happened to the tribe? Do they integrate or do some of them run back to the forest and become the trainers protecting indigo plateau?
    3) what happens to Agatha? What brings her to her ghost types? This sounds so in contrast with her healing character...
    4) we were promised a final fight with our friends once things have settled... I get that John and ...his gf might be off after what Sam does, but Agatha? Will she stand as leader?
    5) i would LOVE some slight, even easy fight-wise post game to see my team once more.. basically what happens now is that beating the tribe leader leads you to a VERY long end sequence, with NO continue in pallet. Sooo bitter for a pokemon fan :)
    6) what about the elite four? Will we see them take their spot?
    7) maybe can we see the whole system come into work, up to the proclamation of the first champion?

Throwing stuff out really, i just wish some post game was.there :)

Thanks a lot for the invaluable piece you produced though! I'll be in touch on discord

Thank you for the great review. Everything you've mentioned will be taken into account for the next version.

Which reminds me:

Everyone, we're in the process of updating the game to what seems to be a crash-free version. Would you like to see a minor, new update that fixes this real soon, or wait for a big update that will include a lot of things mentioned in feedback and some extra content?

Back