• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Infernal Pit of 100 Trials (+ version 1.2 for the regular Pit of 100 Trials)

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Don't you need to set this value in Gen 3 Tools?

If that value doesn't actually affect trainers' EVs, then what does it do?

Edit: I found this in this game's data, too:

Maybe it spreads some EVs evenly throughout all stats (not that I would have a clue). In the Advance Trainer Editor, it lists it as "AI value", whatever that means. I just thought it meant how "smartly" the pokemon uses its moves
    EDIT: In the Fire Red dissasembly, it is called "iv".

Last edited:

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    UPDATE:
    It's April Fools which means it's time for me to upload a hack. Sadly, again, not a joke hack.
    This time, it's an alternate version of a hack I already made. Why? Well, I know for sure that this hack has the number of fans in AT LEAST single digits.

Infernal Pit of 100 Trials is a difficulty increasing hack of the original Pit of 100 Trials. It's mainly for players who enjoyed the original one. Due to the changes, some strategies are nowhere nearly as effective as they used to be, making the experience different enough to not fell the same in terms of teambuiliding and battling. Read more about it in the new, slick first post of the thread.

Additionally, the original pit of 100 trials also got a 1.2 version with quality of life changes, bugfixes and grammatcial error corrections. All of these are also present in the Infernal Pit of 100 Trials.

I hope you enjoy this different take on the pit.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Still no name rater? I want a refund!! (Just kidding, it's whatever.)

I'm pumped to play the infernal version. Just saying, when I played v1.1 of this, I wish (no pun intended) Blissey had Wish, and it would have been more broken. Wish on Blissey could still be broken, even with pre-gen 5 mechanics...

...but you can't EV Train in defense, so........

I'm going to think of a new strategy for the Infernal version!

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Still no name rater? I want a refund!! (Just kidding, it's whatever.)

I'm pumped to play the infernal version. Just saying, when I played v1.1 of this, I wish (no pun intended) Blissey had Wish, and it would have been more broken. Wish on Blissey could still be broken, even with pre-gen 5 mechanics...

...but you can't EV Train in defense, so........

I'm going to think of a new strategy for the Infernal version!

I hope you enjoy it.
    No name rater, because it doesn't matter :)
    Also, yeah, the previous version lacked some obscure moves, since they were event exclusive and it's hard to find documentation on which Pokemon got which event moves. I added some of the more cruical ones that were somewhat a core part of a pokemon's kit.
    If anyone thinks I forgot some other important event move, they can remind me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    UPDATE:
    It's April Fools which means it's time for me to upload a hack. Sadly, again, not a joke hack.
    This time, it's an alternate version of a hack I already made. Why? Well, I know for sure that this hack has the number of fans in AT LEAST single digits.

Infernal Pit of 100 Trials is a difficulty increasing hack of the original Pit of 100 Trials. It's mainly for players who enjoyed the original one. Due to the changes, some strategies are nowhere nearly as effective as they used to be, making the experience different enough to not fell the same in terms of teambuiliding and battling. Read more about it in the new, slick first post of the thread.

Additionally, the original pit of 100 trials also got a 1.2 version with quality of life changes, bugfixes and grammatcial error corrections. All of these are also present in the Infernal Pit of 100 Trials.

I hope you enjoy this different take on the pit.

OOhhh, cool I'll have to check this out. :)

New AND has fans numbering in at least the single digits!!

better than anything I've made already, pretty sure I'm literally in the single digit, not including me. ;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I noticed some illegal moves, but I believe they're easy to play around:
    Spoiler:

Also, I managed to beat the Infernal version. Though, I did use save states so I can research what moves/items the opponents have. But I will be able to conquer this without them. I did find another exploit and I used a slightly different team to beat this Pit. Both of which I'll keep secret. But finding a team to accomedate the opponents easily wearing you down with coverage moves and status effects took me a long time. This is actually a very hard game, and it deserves a lot more attention.

This ROM hack is probably the hardest ROM hack that does not use the standard core gameplay structure other difficulty hacks' use.

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    I noticed some illegal moves, but I believe they're easy to play around:
    Spoiler:

Also, I managed to beat the Infernal version. Though, I did use save states so I can research what moves/items the opponents have. But I will be able to conquer this without them. I did find another exploit and I used a slightly different team to beat this Pit. Both of which I'll keep secret. But finding a team to accomedate the opponents easily wearing you down with coverage moves and status effects took me a long time. This is actually a very hard game, and it deserves a lot more attention.

This ROM hack is probably the hardest ROM hack that does not use the standard core gameplay structure other difficulty hacks' use.

Glad you enjoyed it. And yes, some of the illegal moves have been fixed in a patch, even if I wasn't very vocal about it's release.

EDIT: It seems that one was still broke, even in the 1.01 version. It was fixed in 1.02 version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Alright. I finally beat the game, without save states, and with set mode. I can say that this ROM hack, is one of the hardest ones out there. Though, it is quite a lot different than games like Emerald Kaizo, Unbound, Dark Rising Kaizo, and Radical Red, but I love this type of game's uniqueness. I tried so many different combos of teams, and I just can't slot enough Pokémon to check every single Pokémon the opponents have.

I am so relieved to have beat this! Maneki, if you're out there, thank you for releasing an updated version of your original masterpiece! I hope more people play this game for the challenge!
    I will keep the winning team a secret, for now. But the exploits involved were not exactly the same as the ones I used in the original version, but I could still shut down some threatening Pokémon.

Back