• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
ive been trying to make a level script to occur right as the game starts, and i followed diegoisawesome's tutorial about level scripts but i had a problem. first here's the script
Spoiler:

and the video showing the problem is in the attachment below

anyways, it seems to skip the msgboxes and im not sure why. while going thru the steps made by diegoisawesome, he says " In the second part[script], there should be a pointer to your script. Under it, there should be a #raw word 0x(random number). Replace the random number with 0. Compile it and test it out in the game." But when i did it the random number was already 0, im not sure if thats the cause of the problem. can someone plz help me?

Years
How to edit Special Abilities' names? And,is there a way to edit their effects?

If I'm right, there isn't a tool yet to change abilities. Their names can be changed using a hex editor, if I'm right, but you need to ASM hack the effects if I'm right.

ive been trying to make a level script to occur right as the game starts, and i followed diegoisawesome's tutorial about level scripts but i had a problem. first here's the script
Spoiler:

and the video showing the problem is in the attachment below

anyways, it seems to skip the msgboxes and im not sure why. while going thru the steps made by diegoisawesome, he says " In the second part[script], there should be a pointer to your script. Under it, there should be a #raw word 0x(random number). Replace the random number with 0. Compile it and test it out in the game." But when i did it the random number was already 0, im not sure if thats the cause of the problem. can someone plz help me?

Could you compile it and then decompile it in PKSV? I'm alot better with PKSV and maybe then I can help you.

By the way, does someone have the offsets where the Ralts Wally catches and the Zigzagoon he uses are stored in Ruby (AXVE)?

Last edited:

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
How do i edit the image with the Rayquaza lurking from haze? What's the offset in UNLZ?
Also,i have problems with editing the image saying things like "Gamefreak inc.,Nintendo 199something-2005" and things like that. When i change it,just a black screen appears instead the Bootscreen. What's the cause?

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
I'm still fairly new to level scripts and wondered something about it.
When you trigger a level script for the first time, will it not trigger the next time? So, for instance, if I walk in a building and a level script activates where a guy says "hi" and that's all I put in the script, if I re-renter the building, will the guy do the same thing or not do anything?

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
To all those wondering...Inserting a map is much easier than you'd think. It's kinda long so I'll spoiler it:
Spoiler:

Also, a script will keep replaying over and over unless you set a flag and tell it not to.

MKSSB

OKですか?
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2014
Hi, I'm trying to do change the battle music. Itried to use setvar 0x7030 0x[song number], but it isn't working. I'm using Pokémon Ruby (US)(AXVE).
Please help me!

superblah411

Osnap
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2016
I just need a little help. I started a rom hack a while back, and am now just picking it back up. I used to open Advance Map, then open scripts with XSE through AM to edit them. Now I can't get my scripts to get onto my rom. I save thed .RBC, then went to batch compiler, selected my rom, etc but it hasn't worked. I'm sure I've just skipped over something. Any ideas? Does the .RBC file have to be in a certain folder?

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
Errmmm...What? Just use XSE's built-in function that inserts your script on the rom. Then go into advancemap and put the script in a person event or sciptbox.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
okay, my problem is that some of my warps aren't working, and when i delete them and make new ones, the still don't work. (i've checked, double checked, and triple checked and they are set at the right mao and bank) instead of going to the map i want, it goes to a different member of the eliet 4. any ideas?

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Quick question, when I use A-Trainer to change a trainer's data to be a double battle, and you battle that trainer with only one Pokemon in your party, instead of sending out just one Pokemon, you send out two copies of the same Pokemon. Any advice?

Edit: I figured out the problem, you need to change a parameter in the script for the person event, but I have a new question.

In a Fire Red Rom, pretty much everything from 0x071A244 on is blank, does this mean I can use Offsets past that safely?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2016
Make sure your warp goes both ways, and that if the door is more than one tile in length, you make more than one warp box(should be examples of it in Pallet town indoor warps)..

Years
I'm still fairly new to level scripts and wondered something about it.
When you trigger a level script for the first time, will it not trigger the next time? So, for instance, if I walk in a building and a level script activates where a guy says "hi" and that's all I put in the script, if I re-renter the building, will the guy do the same thing or not do anything?

Use setvar and checkvar/compare.
For example (for PKSV):
Spoiler:

Mugendai

Glitchologist
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2014
Where can I find documents about the locations of Pokemon species data in Pokemon RSE/FrLg ROMs? Also, a list of all the RSE/FrLg characters and their corresponding ASCII/Unicode values would be nice too. I want to write a script in Python that automatically dumps all the Pokemon data into a text file. This would be particularly useful for two different reasons: making a Pokedex of a ROM hack that completely replaces all the Pokemon (Touhoumon World Link), and contributing significantly to the Glitch City Laboratories Decamarks project.

Bulbapedia's articles are incomplete; they do not tell me where the Pokemon names and dex numbers are, for example. Also, search engines are not helpful in this case.

Not a very simple question... but not complicated enough to warrant its own thread, I think.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
okay, my problem is that some of my warps aren't working, and when i delete them and make new ones, the still don't work. (i've checked, double checked, and triple checked and they are set at the right mao and bank) instead of going to the map i want, it goes to a different member of the eliet 4. any ideas?

still need help. the warps go both ways, but it still will not work. could it be something is wrong with the rom?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
still need help. the warps go both ways, but it still will not work. could it be something is wrong with the rom?
One thing you could do is check to see if you have the movement permissions set up correctly. Sometimes a warp will not function with the movement permission. For example, to make a door warp, you need a 1, but for a cave entrance you need a C.

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
it's a 10. passable hight 3, and it is supose to be a warp like the pokecenters. i have it set at warp down, checked everything, and it isn't working

also, how do you change what hm you can use with each badge?

Last edited:

superblah411

Osnap
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2016
Errmmm...What? Just use XSE's built-in function that inserts your script on the rom. Then go into advancemap and put the script in a person event or sciptbox.

Can I get more clarification on this? I thought my last post was enough show that I have no idea what I'm doing.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Can I get more clarification on this? I thought my last post was enough show that I have no idea what I'm doing.
Just use Free Space Finder to find space in the ROM for your script, copy that offset, open XSE and go to that offset, enter your script there, and hit Compile. (It's the button with two gears near the top.) If you're having trouble doing this, XSE has a built-in Help file that would be worth looking at.

Now, on to my question.

Hi, I put this script on a person event in the beginning of the game that is supposed to give you your first Pokemon. Just for the sake of experimentation I made it a Mew on Level 35. However, it won't obey the player for some reason. Also, the Person Event won't disappear, and I set it's ID to 0x11.

Code:
'---------------
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x11
if 0x0 call 0x8800100
release
end

'---------------
#org 0x800100
givepokemon 0x97 0x23 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0