• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eos: OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
  • This is the sign-up/OOC discussion thread for the sci-fi RPG Eos. Sign-ups are still open. To learn more about the game and read the action thus far, click here.

Teams and Accepted Characters

White – Normal (currently the underdogs)
    Captain: Kenji Enigma Darkrose
    Available Starters: Rattata, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Meowth, Lickitung, Happiny, Munchlax, Sentret, Togepi, Aipom, Snubbull, Teddiursa, Zigzagoon, Slakoth, Whismur, Skitty, Bidoof, Buneary, Glameow
    Players:

Kenji Enigma Darkrose (played by Eletj)
    Partner: Porygon
    Level: 1
    Current Number of Points: 0

Pink – Poison, Psychic
    Captain: ???
    Available Starters: Ekans, Abra, Drowzee, Grimer, Koffing, Mime Jr., Wynaut, Ralts, Spoink, Chingling, Skorupi, Croagunk
    Players:

Majella Karp (played by BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE)
    Partner: Nidoran (M)

Red – Fighting, Fire
    Captain: Katharine Elizabeth "Kate" Anderson
    Available Starters: Charmander, Vulpix, Mankey, Growlithe, Machop, Magby, Cyndaquil, Slugma, Torchic, Makuhita, Meditite, Numel, Chimchar
    Players:

Katharine Elizabeth "Kate" Anderson (played by Mira)
    Partner: Ponyta

Samuel "Sam" Hakini (played by sasuneuchiha)
    Partner: Riolu

Alexander White (played by The Purple Dow)
    Partner: Tyrogue

Orange – Ground, Rock
    Captain: Alexis Löwe
    Available Starters: Cubone, Geodude, Rhyhorn, Omanyte, Kabuto, Bonsly, Phanpy, Nosepass, Baltoy, Anorith, Cranidos, Shieldon, Hippopotas, Trapinch
    Players:

Alexis Löwe (NPC)
    Partner: Sandshrew

Lance Ackart (played by Got-a-Plan-B)
    Partner: Larvitar

Yellow – Dragon, Electric (currently the favorite)
    Captain: Sara Miriani
    Available Starters: Pichu, Magnemite, Voltorb, Elekid, Mareep, Electrike, Bagon, Shinx, Gible
    Players: ???

Sara Miriani (played by *Lanee)
    Partner: Dratini

Green – Grass, Steel
    Captain: Cornelia Dawn
    Available Starters: Oddish, Bellsprout, Tangela, Chikorita, Seedot, Shroomish, Cacnea, Budew, Turtwig, Cherubi, Snover, Aron
    Players:

Cornelia Dawn (played by Dutchesse)
    Partner: Bulbasaur

Aesir Sedgewick (played by Cirrus)
    Partner: Beldum

Zach Sydney (played by Down with the darkness)
    Partner: Treecko
    Level: 2
    Current Number of Points: 2

Blue – Ice, Water
    Available Starters: Squirtle, Poliwag, Slowpoke, Krabby, Staryu, Smoochum, Totodile, Chinchou, Azurill, Wooper, Swinub, Mudkip, Lotad, Corphish, Piplup, Buizel, Shellos
    Players:

Annabelle "Anna" Hawthorne (played by Dutchesse)
    Partner: Snorunt

Indigo – Ghost, Bug
    Available Starters: Gastly, Misdreavus, Shuppet, Duskull, Drifloon, Caterpie, Weedle, Paras, Venonat, Scyther, Spinarak, Wurmple, Surskit, Nincada, Kricketot, Combee

Violet – Flying
    Available Starters: Pidgey, Spearow, Zubat, Doduo, Hoothoot, Ledyba, Natu, Hoppip, Yanma, Gligar, Taillow, Wingull, Swablu, Starly

Black – Dark
    Captain: Shelby "Scarecrow" Wallace
    Available Starters: Sneasel, Murkrow, Sableye, Absol, Stunky
    Players:

Shelby "Scarecrow" Wallace (played by Scarecrow1113)
    Partner: Poochyena
    Level: 2
    Current Number of Points: 2

Marina (played by Murder)
    Partner: Eevee

Raphael "Phaiel" Hasendra Finitio (played by Neo Groudon)
    Partner: Houndour

The Character Form

(Remember to read the first post of the game thread before attempting to sign up.)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • A quick note for anyone who wishes to sign up to the Eos RP, our GM Valentine is currently away, and is thus unavailable to process any sign-ups. Feel free to post a sign-up, but don't blame us you don't get a reply until Friday, when Valentine returns.

As for our current game members, where's all the activity gone? D: For a couple of days there were a flurry of replies, but we haven't had one for over 24 hours now. =<

Years
  • Well I ended my day, so I can't really do anything until Valentine posts the next day ^^; As for everyone else who hasn't finished their day...>>

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • And I am back with, unfortunately, a really lame IC post. (Sorry!) Day two is technically up with that last paragraph, but if anyone wants to sneak around in the night, feel free to get in a quick post, and I'd be happy to walk you through in case you try to get into anything secretive.

In the meantime, hi, shiny OOC thread. You are indeed open to new sign-ups. *pets*

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • I'm going to try this again ^^;; sorry from last time

Name: Cornelia Dawn
    Normal Appearance: She is very tall and loves this. Her length is spread pretty even, she doesn't have spectacularly long legs or a clumsy upper body. Her complexion is quite pale, something that frustrates her. She doesn't like the fact that she barely tans and burns a lot. She has very faint freckles under her eyes and on the bridge of her nose, but they are very faint, and that's the way she prefers them to be.
    Her eyes are a warm and dark brown, sometimes they look mysterious and alluring, sometimes simply furious and sometime they plainly look bored. Her eyes are pretty much the windows into her moods. While her lying skills are very good, her eyes often betray her.
    Her hair is honey blonde and naturally wavy. It has that flair about it that says they are well taken care of in a diva kind of way. She never steps out the door without having her hair look fabulous. It is fairly long, and she doesn't have any bangs. In stead the hair that frames her eyes is cut shorter than the rest and waves around her face.

She's not a fan of heavy make-up though, and she doesn't need it. She loves her clothes bright and only makes an exception for white and black. She's not afraid to show her skin, but she isn't ****ty either. Her hair is usually either loose or shoved back with a headband, she rarely wears it in a ponytail and only wears a braid when she sleeps. She carries a round, white bag with her at all times that has all her stuff in it.

Battle Appearance: When she changes into battle style her hair changes from whatever it was before to being tied up in two curly ponytails over her shoulders.

Personality: Cornelia likes the spectacular. When she was little she had been obsessed with being a coordinator and to make all her moves look gorgeous. She quickly found out that coordinating was nothing for her. She was too in love with the thrill of battle, but she still likes to make her pokemon and her look beautiful.

She's also a bit obsessive. When something is on her mind, it is sure to stay that way for a long, long time. In fact, unless she'll find something better to obsess about, she'll only stop when it's been done. One of those things were contests, and when she had won enough ribbons to consider the job done, she went to the League Challenge.
    Also, she doesn't let things go. Be it good things, or bad things. If she doesn't like you, she doesn't like you. This is a bad pairing with the fact she judges quickly. So if she sees you as a scrawny little nerd that is as weak as a reed, this image will stay the same unless she sees you arm-wrestle with a Charizard, so to speak.
    Grudges is another specialty of this lady. You insult her, she'll hold it against you for quite the while. In fact, if you've really hit it, she'll shoot you down at every opportunity. Yes, she has no problem with fierce come-backs, be it under her breath or in your face.

Corny's temper is another thing. She gets mad easily, and she shouts. A lot. A verbal fight is easily encouraged, and she won't hold back. She might throw some serious insults at you, or simply walk away when she can't win. Also, she doesn't like admitting she's wrong. So, if she said something awful to you, rather than completely regret it, she'll try to tell herself that it was partly deserved. She's one of those people that, even if it is in a situation where it's useless, she'll yell and shout threats and insults to you.
    Her big mouth is definitely one of her worst features. She gets mad about the littlest things. Overall she's quite a person to deal with, and you really need to know exactly how to deal with her.

History: Corny's mother was a coordinator and taught her all there was of the subject. She grew up with rules involving looks and behavior. Her mother insisted that she be graceful at every moment. Never would she wear her pajamas outside of her bed. Her hair was always in a pretty hairstyle and she always wore girly and pretty clothing.
    Cornelia loved it, from when she was a child she would be proud of her frilly dresses. Too bad her hair was Copper, for pink would clash horribly with it.

She grew up in Lillycove City, where her mother participated in the Master Contests. Her mother taught her the business, beginning with the most affective moves and ending with how to make them beautiful but deadly. She received her first Pokémon when she was seven, a Meowth received from her father. He was rarely home, and one day he brought home the Pokémon as a gift for her.
    She loved the little demon, for the Meowth was quite mischievous when he was little. Always playing with it and brushing it.

When she was 14 she decided to become a coordinator like her mother. She traveled all over Hoenn and trained her little Mau, but after she won her first ribbon, she found that she didn't like it that much. She loved the battling more than anything else. So she started the gym challenge. Her natural talent for battling came in pretty handy, and of course, she had a way of cheating when she could. No, Cornelia wasn't the nicest opponent. After two years in Hoenn, she finally beat everyone there was to beat in the region and she decided to try and do the same thing in Sinnoh. Sinnoh was a lot harder for her because she hated the cold. No, really, she did. She also developed quite a habit of swearing in this region. She didn't get very far into Sinnoh, because her reputation as a win-no-matter-what trainer got her sucked into a spaceship. Quite literally.

Team: Green
    Pokémon Partner: Bulbasaur
    Other Things To Know: Cornelia cheats. She doesn't believe in being a goody two shoes. Also, she swears, so I'm sorry in advance, but I might need to swear soe (In censors of course)
    Writing Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • To Dutchesse, no problem. Take your time, m'dear.

Eeeeencidentally, players already in the game, today's IC post was brought to you by the letters Foreshadowing and Hint and the number WTF These Aren't Even Single Characters.

Seriously, though, the writing's pretty important itself, but for those of you who are like, "WTF, Valentine, seizure on the keyboard," that's actually a font. Possibly default on Windows XP. In any case, yeah, that actually says something, but because I purposefully made it a pain in the rear to draw attention to a few other points there, if you want to decode it, that's cool but not something I expect people to strain intellectual muscles over.

Also~, yay ductwork hints!

And, for that matter, an introduction to sinister-sounding voices somewhere in the ship.

Lastly, Down with the darkness, remember to check with the other players before using the playerdex. Some people would probably want to have certain things be classified/specified, so it's just easier to double-check with them before having the glasses talk about something they shouldn't (or something that's not exactly correct). Just as a heads up.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Awesome. Yeah, sorry. I just meant to give Shelby an idea of which direction not to go. XD But don't worry. There's still plenty of fun things for her to find. And plenty of other people to torture through the vents.

Also, yeah, I know the first round game was supposed to start today. It'll start tomorrow morning, however, so those of you working on night scenes, feel free to head on to the morning. Robots will still be blaring alarms, and you'll get to roam for a bit before the Benefactors announce the game.

Years
  • So...tired...sleep...needed...it's almost 3 AM my time XD I don't even really know why I'm up, actually. Anyway, she'll look forward to finding those fun things and NOT getting sucked into vents XD Come to think of it, I swear I saw a movie where...*cuts off now before pointless, sleepy rant starts*

Down with the darkness

Pretty freakin' awseome!
    Years
  • Well did you honestly just give me a puzzle?

If you knew me, you'd know I'm gonna have to crack this thing.

edit: Well my head hurts... but after nearly four hours of "Gold Bug" style decoding, I broke it. Oh you made quite a few typos.

TTERRAN DEVICES SUCH AS PESOR_POKEBALLS _IN THAT THE BEADS HAVE BEEN ADAPTED TO SCAN AND BREAK DOWN POKEMON TO CONVERT THEM TO STORABIE DATA VIA NANO COMPUTERS THAT ARE EQUALLY CAPABALE OF READING MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF DATA THEN UGHOUR OWN INFORMATION NETWORK MAINTAIN EDON THECOIO DYGGDRASIL BY THE FIEET_

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • edit: Well my head hurts... but after nearly four hours of "Gold Bug" style decoding, I broke it. Oh you made quite a few typos.

Actually, the reason why it looks like there's typos all over the place could be either you're using the wrong font or characters can code for more than one thing. Try running through it again in a different font or going through the entire alphabet. It's not just a straight run.

(Yeah, the original message was written in MS Word first and then converted into the font it has.)

Also, as a note, the reason why you're not supposed to know what the message says is because it's supposed to be a foreign language. In other words, what it actually means is OOC information, not IC. ^_^; Sorry for not clarifying.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I wasn't using a font! I thought you wrote that on you own! Damnit you mean I could have used a damn font to decode it!!!!!!!!!!

XD Sorry, dear.

To be perfectly clear, this is what I did: wrote the thing in MS Word in a readable font. Checked it. Removed certain characters that would end up being blocks (mostly punctuation and spaces). Converted the whole thing to a character font (that is, as far as I can tell, one of the default ones on XP because I did a data wipe about a month ago and am now running on pretty much just what's contained on an XP disc in terms of fonts -- but tell me if it doesn't match the fonts you have). Copied it to Paint and saved it as an image (to avoid the possibility that someone doesn't actually have this font).

Although either way, the language you're seeing isn't reflecting what the text might actually say because I didn't take into account how these guys would use grammar. (As I've said in my edit, it's supposed to be a foreign language, so structure might not be the same. Or it might be if I'm really lazy in trying to develop it. Depends on whether or not I want you guys to have your characters figure it out easily, which might actually be what I'm inclined to do anyway. I really want something important to be known here, but it's always more fun to have players and characters get a WTF reaction out of these kinds of things.) So, if you decode it, it's most likely just OOC information for now unless your character's good with figuring out how languages work (or can get in touch with another character who is).

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • I'm done! Finally!
    So how do you want me to start now? If I'm accepted that is

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Dutchesse, you are definitely approved. You're free to pretty much shoehorn yourself in -- as in, as far as anyone's concerned, you were totally there the whole time. (If you'd like to do some post that details her reactions waking up and going on the tour and whatnot, feel free. It's really up to you.)

In the meantime, I'm going to make an IC post for the morning. If you're (general you here) still on the first night, go ahead and use this morning post as a mile marker to give you an idea of how much time is between what you're doing and what the rest of the cast is doing.

Years
  • Haha, I agree with Down with the darkness ^^ I can't wait 'til tonight. Oh and question...how exactly are we going to go about the games? I mean like involving everyone and all of the interacting required.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back