• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Type Matchups in Real Life

Years
  • A series of articles focusing on a specific type and their strength and weaknesses in game and talking about how they would interact in real life. e.g. Why is Psychic super effective against Fighting, etc. Inspired by a post by 5qwerty in another thread.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • A series of articles focusing on a specific type and their strength and weaknesses in game and talking about how they would interact in real life. e.g. Why is Psychic super effective against Fighting, etc. Inspired by a post by 5qwerty in another thread.
    Interesting idea... A few questions. Would you do one article for each type? If so, which one would you tackle first? Also, what do you mean by would interact in real life - as in, how the typings would logically work?

I remember writing an article on the general topic elsewhere in the past: http://bbs.studio-revolution.net/magazine/?p=311 Fine with anything there being repeated.

Years
  • Interesting idea... A few questions. Would you do one article for each type? If so, which one would you tackle first? Also, what do you mean by would interact in real life - as in, how the typings would logically work?

I remember writing an article on the general topic elsewhere in the past: http://bbs.studio-revolution.net/magazine/?p=311 Fine with anything there being repeated.

Yes, how the typings would logically work, pretty similar to that article. Would probably do a few types per article as 18 seems a bit much and there isn't a ton to write about Ghost, Dragon, etc.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    hm it's a unique idea.
    Not sure on it though. Would it be real life inspirations based on what each type is weak to? For example how psychic's are all common fears?
    If so it could work, and I'd be interested in seeing it, but not sure about others thoughts. So I won't sign off just yet.

Back