• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM HACKING (Getting easier or being use un-necessarily)

Rom hacking, Getting easir or being mis-used ???

• Total voters

Froosty

The_Learner
Years
  • Hi everyone,

I wanted to discuss a hot topic which everyone around might be thinking about...

There was once a time, when Rom hacking was something really interesting (Which still is),

but by then people used to bring some interesting ideas and reall stick upto it until they executed their idea fully,
    We do have some examples like
    Glazed, Light platinum, and many more...

But now-days people bring up some many ideas (Some are really well-sounding but some are really-really-ill-sounding)
    but even they share ideas,
    ask people for help and ask some others to join their team...
    even
    ask help from other people to do some tasks like (Title-screen making and so-on)
    and finally they abandon their idea as they never had it..
    It really irritates me, and I think beginners who are willing to do Rom-hacking first must learn the basic of rom-hacking and then only think about making a hack...
    and also think well about the external factors that afftect rom hacking like
    free time that you can give to rom-hacking and your interest in rom-hacking.

What do you have to say about it...
    Leave your opinion in the poll above ;)

Anthroyd

Professor
    Years
  • This is discussed often with the same answers. There are a lot of reasons someone might not finish their hack, to name a few:
    (1) It takes up too much time with little to no gain
    (2) It's too hard
    (3) It gets boring and irksome

It's not like dropping ideas was uncommon in the past, either. It happens all the time to the best of us for whatever reasons in whatever contexts, even outside of ROM hacking. One thing that I believe I can help with the hacking process is produce fleshed-out tutorials to make things more clear to newer members. I think one of the best things about this community is that people are generally positive when answering questions and responding to requests for help.

Last edited:
    Back