• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

France: Apple investigation into planned obsolescence

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • Good! Why does it seem that EU countries are the only ones to go after corporation's scummy tactics. The US needs to stop [expletive] corporations and start passing some pro-consumer laws.

Honestly this is yet another example that Apple isn't a good tech company. I'm happy I've gone with an Android

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I highly doubt that Apple is the only company that does this, to be honest. But yes, it's very apparent that they're doing it, my iPad was fine until iOS 7, they killed it with iOS 9, upgrading was the worst mistake I've ever made.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    About time these scummy practices (hopefully) stop. My phone has so little memory I can't even update tho

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Good! Why does it seem that EU countries are the only ones to go after corporation's scummy tactics. The US needs to stop [expletive] corporations and start passing some pro-consumer laws.

Honestly this is yet another example that Apple isn't a good tech company. I'm happy I've gone with an Android

If I'm not mistaken, as of 11 JAN 18, there are 30+ class action suits against Apple in the US regarding this issue. As for pro-consumer laws, I don't think they're necessary here. There is little no excuse for buying an iPhone when there are cheaper Android phones, so customers should really be deciding against it with this information in mind.

I am with you though, Androids are the way to go, Apple makes me feal uneasy.

Years
  • Greedy scum. Isn't Apple rich enough?
    Not defending Apple per se, but a lot of the high costs on Apple products have to do with the fact that they develop their own proprietary hardware for use in their devices instead of purchasing hardware from vendors. They feel that it's inferior to their products to not have their own exclusive hardware, and the cost of developing it is what keeps Apple products as highly-priced as they are.

Back