• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Game Adaptations

pkmin3033

With things like the Castlevania TV series, Sonic the Hedgehog, Detective Pikachu, and now the upcoming HBO The Last Of Us live-action show, we're getting a lot of video game adaptations that are not as negatively received as earlier attempts...like those awful Resident Evil movies. Although it's not all sunshine and rainbows in the land of video game adaptations...

Have you watched any TV shows or movies based on video games? Did you enjoy them? What games would you like to see get a TV series or movie in the future?

Years
  • I think that in general there's been a trend towards these being better than they used to be. I'm really enjoying Castlevania and Detective Pikachu was decent... but overhyped. I also hear that Sonic is actually good and that Warcraft was alright. I'm really looking forward to seeing The Last of Us also and plan to watch the Witcher series soon.

I think that when it comes to adaptions the problem is that they are often lazy and/or diverge too much from the source material. There is no reason for adaptions to turn into the Super Mario movie or the Resident Evil movies.

As far as possible game adaptions go, I think you could do a lot of good with the Fallout franchise and an adaption of Firewatch could be interesting.

Back