• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Am I allowed to upload GIFs to my public avatar?

Momoro

I'm gonna put some dirt in your eye..
Years
  • I was going to upload a Magikarp animation, but whenever I load a new avatar, (Besides the presets) it says "Custom Avatar (Not Uploaded)" - Even though I DID upload my GIF Magikarp Animation!

Are GIFs just not allowed?

I even tried loading my own Pokeball PNG as an avatar and it still said the same thing, and didn't save it when I press "Save Changes"

Anyone know how to fix it?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    GIFs/animated avatars are allowed--if you look very closely, you'll see that mine is

Are you using a URL to upload your avatar, or are you pulling it from your computer/device? If one way's not working, try the other (and make sure it's the correct file extension)

May need more information though, but sometimes I'm pretty sure that there's just something wrong with the site's avatar system

Back