• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] What are your thought about my starter Town, with some misc animations?

Years
  • Hey guys. I was wondering if I could receive some feedback on my region's first town. I did some animations that I'll going to show throughout the day, depending on the time (ex: when it's morning, one NPC might be sweeping the streets, when it's not he is just walking around randomly)

BT8mMOM.gif

Comelina Town
    The spring from where the waters flows freely.

Karthick__

Pokemon Fan Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey guys. I was wondering if I could receive some feedback on my region's first town. I did some animations that I'll going to show throughout the day, depending on the time (ex: when it's morning, one NPC might be sweeping the streets, when it's not he is just walking around randomly)

BT8mMOM.gif

Comelina Town

OMG, this is so Neat I like the details of walls, and Color combination is so good, great work keep it up.., I like to play your game once you finished..

Years
    • Seen today
    I like when starting towns have bodies of water connected to them. It makes you immediately start off the game thinking "I can't wait to come back here again later to explore this."

Years
  • How did you do those cute animations??

Well, I do exactly how do would think. I start by making the NPC Character I will use and then I choose an action (like brooming or watering the plants). After that, I try to imagine the action in my head and how would a person do this action (sometimes I look up for references). Then, is just a matter of drawing the props and moving according to the motion of the action (like the hand, the broom, the watering can, etc.). It looks more complicated than it looks, but if try to do simple tests you'll eventually get used to this flow

EDIT: Btw, sorry for the late reply. I didn't receive a notice of the reply

I like when starting towns have bodies of water connected to them. It makes you immediately start off the game thinking "I can't wait to come back here again later to explore this."

Me too. In fact, I want to give a similar effect to the player, by making a Pokéball just barely visible, but out of reach. If the player remembers this "secret" later in the game, he will be rewarded and will find a new area to explore.

Shashu-Greninja

"With great power comes great responsibility"- Whe
    Years

BT8mMOM.gif

Comelina Town

Man that town looks awesome. Also the animations are so awesome and realistic. But there are some mapping faults, first there are no edge tiles on the edges of the water. You also used wrong tiles below the mountain corner tiles that is when there is a curve at the top portion of the mountain. Other than that the town is awesome.

Back