• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Movement Script Not Working

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2023
    So I created a movement/battle script where the trainer and an NPC both move. The player movements work just fine but the NPC stands in place and then doesn't disappear when the battle is over. I've created similar scripts in the past and I'm very stumped. I'm hoping someone may be able to help me. I can post or PM the script if necessary. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @Pokeeng

You should probably post your script and the settings for the NPC sprite and the script in AdvanceMap.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2023
    So the person ID of the NPC is 0x1334 if I'm not mistaken. I set movement and trainer as '01'

#dynamic 0x807AFD

#org @start
    lock
    checkflag 0x1330
    if 0x1 goto @already
    msgbox @1 0x6
    waitmsg
    applymovement 0xFF @walk
    waitmovement 0xFF
    msgbox @2 0x6
    applymovement 0x11 @walk1
    waitmovement 0x11
    applymovement 0xFF @walk2
    waitmovement 0xFF
    trainerbattle 0x3 0x16 0x0 @after
    msgbox @3 0x6
    fadescreen 0x1
    setflag 0x1332
    hidesprite 0x11
    setflag 0x1334
    fadescreen 0x0
    setvar 0x4057 0x4
    setflag 0x1336
    release
    end

#org @already
    msgbox @again
    trainerbattle 0x3 0x16 0x0 @after
    msgbox @3 0x6
    fadescreen 0x1
    setflag 0x1332
    hidesprite 0x11
    setflag 0x1334
    fadescreen 0x0
    setvar 0x4057 0x4
    setflag 0x1336
    release
    end

#org @1
    = Did you really think you had won

#org @2
    = I was moments away from infinitenpower.pWith Jirachi, I would have rulednthe world unopposed.pYour interference will not gonunpunished.pI will have my vengeance!

#org @after
    = No.pNO.pNO!pI CANNOT LOSE!

#org @3
    = Mark my words, child.pThis world will feel my wrath.pThis is not the last you will seenof me.

#org @walk
    #raw 0x62
    #raw 0xFE

#org @walk1
    #raw 0x8
    #raw 0x8
    #raw 0x8
    #raw 0x8
    #raw 0x52
    #raw 0xFE

#org @walk2
    #raw 0x47
    #raw 0xFE

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2023
    I've used other flags from after 1300 before. I just assumed it was fine. How bad is it?

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2023
    So I've always been led to believe by the sources I've used that 1200+ is safe but assuming that the issue is the script, is there anything noticeably wrong with it?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    @Pokeeng

That's why I was curious what sources you used. Because anything I've ever read about flags is to be cautious which ones to use.

Either way, you use hidesprite 0x11. So that means person event number 17 (in decimal) will be hidden. Make sure those correspondent correctly with AdvanceMap. Subsequently, make sure to use a safe flag instead of those you've used up to this point.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2023
    I'll definitely make sure to use safe flags from here on out. This specific script is actually for the end of the game so I'm surprised I haven't encountered a single glitch in 10+ playtests. I appreciate the help, thank you so much!

Back