• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports 2016 March Madness

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    March Madness starts in earnest tonight. Anyone filled out a bracket? Maybe we could even start a bracket contest here if there is enough interest. You don't have to be an expert to fill one out!

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • I love College Basketball so you already know that this is one of my favorite times of the year! :D

I think that a bracket contest here would be lots of fun! I don't usually fill any out online (i opt for the old pen and paper) but i'd be down if we held one

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Well my friends I can say now that my bracket is officially utterly destroyed.

I actually did have a number of the upsets on my bracket, with Yale advancing all the way to the Sweet 16, Hawaiii beating Cal, SF Austin over WVU, Wichita over AU, and Zaga beating Seton Hall. I also missed on some upsets as I had Iona over ISU and the such.

However, I had freaking Purdue going up to the Elite Eight and they lost to Little Rock the first round and OH MY GOD MICHIGAN STATE. I had MSU winning the entire tourney and the drop the ball against MIDDLE TENNESSEE. Props to them though, I'm always happy for Cinderella teams.

Overall, this is shaking out to be just as chaotic and entertaining as the regular season was and I'm looking forward to the rest of the games

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Well as of yesterday, cracks in my bracket reached my Elite Eight predictions with the losses of both Texas and Michigan. The day before, the cracks in my bracket reached my Sweet Sixteen predictions with the loss by Purdue. The much worse cracks in my bracket would appear if Villanova (who I have as the runner up) or Gonzaga ended up losing. Course in the case of Gonzaga losing, that would bust my bracket.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    One incredible buzzer beater last night.

And I missed it because I was watching other things.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'm certain that everyone's bracket is completely decimated by now. I didn't make one, but I had Michigan State winning it all. Since they got disposed of by lowly Middle Tennessee, I'd say that my favorite to win it all is Oklahoma. Buddy Hield is something serious and I could see him leading the Sooners to the title. The match vs Texas A&M should be pretty good, so I'll be sure to watch Thursday.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes the teams remaining, I still have all four teams of my predicted Final Four. My predicted Final Four are Villanova, Oregon, North Carolina and Gonzaga. I will certainly be watching the Gonzaga vs Syracuse game on Friday. Course if Gonzaga wins that game, the next game I will watch after that will be on Easter.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Yep, I still have my Final Four too. Villanova, Oregon, Iowa State, UNC.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Welp as of now the only team I don't hate that's still in the tourney is Villanova

My team (Wisconsin) lost cause they choked and a bs no-call, my second favorite (Gonzaga) apparently doesn't know how to close out games, and one of the teams I enjoyed watching the most (Indiana) got blown out.

Better luck to me next year :')

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Have only lost one Final Four team so far; Iowa State. Let's see if that changes by the end of the weekend.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Wow... what a way to end the season. The officiating was pretty sh't and it was ugly, but that was a hell of a national championship.

I thought that NC had it in the bag after Marcus Paige hit that shot, but never underestimate the big boy I guess. I was really rooting for Nova so i'm happy about this outcome. (even though i had them losing to iowa in like the second round)

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Incredible finish last night. Best in years.

Back