• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Primal Seekers

What should the starters be (I am trying to make sure they can mega evolve)?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Larvitar, Gible, Snover

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Johto (no mega then :()

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 30, 2018
Introduction

Hello!

My name is hanamir and I am working by myself. Please allow me to introduce you to my developing Pokemon Game, Pokemon Primal Seekers. Being a huge Pokemon fan, I have always wished that the Pokemon franchise went a different direction sometimes. While my game is not totally revolutionary, it is definitely a lot different.

Plot (?)

In Pokemon Primal Seekers, the protagonist's journey occurs in the multifaceted landscape of the Oskon region. The Oskon region itself holds the Oskon World Tournament (the OWTs), where the best trainers from around the world, who have qualified in through their own region's system, come to compete in a final tournament. In order to qualify for the tournament, the player battles through a series of smaller tournament matches. All of the tournament matches are automatically in the "Set" mode in order to create a more realistic feel of the tournament style.

I was really struggling with a plot at one point, but then I realized there could be a different way of approaching this game. Before I get to the features of the game, allow me to explain the basic premise. The player traverses the Oskon region along with four other rivals and, of course, they all have very different personalities, ranging from arrogance to compassion. The multi-time winner of the OWT, Kortik, may possibly be up to something shady, however…

A descendent of Lawrence III (from Pokemon the Movie 2000), Kortik, we eventually learn, vows to not only capture the legendary birds, but to also capture the ultimate Beast of the Sea, Primal Lugia. Kortik is, as far as we know, the head honcho of Team Primal, a team that is ever expanding due to Kortik's heavy and hypnotic influence over the youth who want to hone their craft under him.

At one point I was really trying to develop a beginning-to-end storyline. It then made me wonder if the player's decisions could influence the outcome in not only small, petty sidequests, but in the greater part of the game. One thought that really has me thinking is perhaps having certain people flip or not flip on the player, depending on their interactions with the player.

Features

OK, so I have an idea/storyline that is set in stone (kind of) but allow me to list features I definitely have implemented

• A fully developed player development system that tracks multiple actions of the player (battling (you can lose some battles, or you can win them), attitude, empathy, and personal relationships)
• A ton of interesting sidequests that could not only influence the player's development, but also their availability could be determined by the player's previous actions (whether considered good or bad)
• Pokemon gens 1-6 (megas and primals)
• Pokemon following
• Wonder trade via passwords
• Realistic tournament battling with set battles
• Pretty difficult but not as it pertains to insane level curves
• As of right now, the player's actions influence the outcome of the game
• I am confident I will think of other stuff as well

Check out some screenshots of the maps on the post as well!
I really need some constructive feedback, especially for ideas on possibly cool storylines!

Credits

Poccil, Maruno, and there are still a lot of people's tilesets that I compiled from on Deviant Art who I DEFINITELY will credit, I just need to retrace all the tiles.
GameFreak

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 6.27.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 6.27.42 PM.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 6.28.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 6.28.11 PM.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 6.28.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 6.28.30 PM.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 36
Years
Depending on how many events you have, I would break those last two maps up into sections. Large maps like that with many events will have performance issues.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
The majority of those tiles seem to be from Pokemon Solar Light and Lunar Dark, or am I mistaken in them being public?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 30, 2018
The majority of those tiles seem to be from Pokemon Solar Light and Lunar Dark, or am I mistaken in them being public?

It surprised me when I found these on deviant art as well. Should the SLLD team ask me to rid of the graphics I will -- the only issue is that I found this outdoor and indoor set on deviant art labeled "as used in SLLD" but can't seem to locate that source again.

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
Years
It surprised me when I found these on deviant art as well. Should the SLLD team ask me to rid of the graphics I will -- the only issue is that I found this outdoor and indoor set on deviant art labeled "as used in SLLD" but can't seem to locate that source again.

Well, if ya can't find the source and can't confirm whether or not they're public, I wouldn't use them until I knew for sure.

Back