• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite and least favorite gen 3 flying type?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Can't say I'm a big fan of the flying types here. I like Altaria, Tropius, Masquerain, Ninjask. Swellow and Pelipper are decent.

Salamence is one of those generic overpowered dragons that I just don't like (Dragonite > Salamence). Rayquaza is in a similar vein but I like its design a little more. And it did shut up Kyogre and Groudon's petty squabble. It's okay in my book.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    I grew to despise Pelipper so much for one simple reason: Protect.

To the point I made a promise to never use one and to always hit with electricity when facing one, just to fry them as hard as I could.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Wingull is just so bland, so it's my least favorite.

On the opposite side of my spectrum, Tropius is my favorite Flying-type in this generation. It's a FLYING BANANA DINOSAUR.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Altaria, no questions asked. It's fun to use because it can learn a nice variety of moves and I have a hard time keeping myself from using it every time I replay RSE. I love the design, too. Dragon typing would have never crossed my mind when looking at it, aha. I also really like Beautifly. It's not amazing in battle or anything, but I like it's design. Just very pretty.

Can't say I dislike any of Hoenn's Flying types, though! I've used pretty much all of them and enjoyed having them on my team and I like all the designs. If I had to pick one though, I'll agree with those that mentioned Pelipper for it using Protect every turn. Really annoying, especially when I'm trying to blow through and area and move on with the story. They wield decent exp though, so I can't be too mad.

Back