• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Trading from Platinum to SS

Years
  • I'm having an issue trading from Platinum to SS. I'm using a DS lite and my new Poké 3DS. I got a spare router of mine set up on WEP and was able to get them connected using the 3DS's DS mode, but when I enter the WiFi trading area it tells me that Nintendo has discontinued the system and boots me out. Is there a way for me to transfer?

Years
  • That's because wi-fi for the DS and Wii was permanently shut down as of May 2014. Only 6th Generation games (X/Y/OR/AS) can currently use wi-fi trading and battling since the 3DS works on a different wi-fi system.

HawksFan97

I'm Still Alive!
    Years
  • I'm having an issue trading from Platinum to SS. I'm using a DS lite and my new Poké 3DS. I got a spare router of mine set up on WEP and was able to get them connected using the 3DS's DS mode, but when I enter the WiFi trading area it tells me that Nintendo has discontinued the system and boots me out. Is there a way for me to transfer?

unless you have an additional 3DS, you can no longer trade from DDPPt. I would recommend local trading which is fine because it's not using the internet to do that

Back