• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] After Trainer Battle Error

Years
  • Hello all,

Having a bit of a problem. I'm testing my hack out and every time I battle a trainer on route 3 I'm unable to move my player character after the battle ends. (The camera moves around a bit but my character remains stationary) I'm a bit of a scripting noob and I don't really see what's causing it :/ I haven't even done anything to the trainer apart from move his location in advance map...
    Any and all help will be deeply appreciated!

Thanks again.

Ace Trainer Slash

If you give me about two hours, I can make scripts
    Years
  • Hello all,

Having a bit of a problem. I'm testing my hack out and every time I battle a trainer on route 3 I'm unable to move my player character after the battle ends. (The camera moves around a bit but my character remains stationary) I'm a bit of a scripting noob and I don't really see what's causing it :/ I haven't even done anything to the trainer apart from move his location in advance map...
    Any and all help will be deeply appreciated!

Thanks again.

Did you do anything else to your hack, like, add a patch to it, or anything besides AdvanceMap? It would be appreciated if you could be able to send a picture of the error, what AdvanceMap you've been using, and what game you're hacking, this way, we all can help you a little better, since we would have more information. :)

Years
  • Thanks for the timely response :)

Sorry for the lack of info!

So it's a Fakemon hack of Fire red, I've altered some of the Pokemon Sprites and locations, haven't edited too much in terms of in-depth things mainly just the stats and typing of some Pokemon.

I did notice that the trainer I fight (the "I like shorts" youngster on route 3) does use some of my fakemons.

I'm starting to think that some things get messed up when I'm writing dialogue for npc's and signs as on a few occasions a sign will sync with a different sign and merge the text together. Could a similar thing be happening with the trainers?

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it!

Years
    • Seen today
    You've probably set the trainer's movement type to the second 'look down' in the list in advancemap. That one is bugged, you should set it to the first 'look down' in the list or 'no movement';)

Hope this works.

Years
  • I can confirm it was set to the second "Look down" view. I've changed it to the first one and it works fine now.

Thanks guys for the quick advise and help I really appreciate it. Sorry I couldn't reply until now but thanks again! ^-^

Back