• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Change a dark map, to a bright map

UMK

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2018
    Hello so I have a bit of a problem. So, I have a dark map and I wanted to make it so when you clicked on something it would make the map bright again. I selected in the metadata to enable dark maps for an area I wanted to be dark. Maybe there is some command I can do that is like flash that can make the area bright again? If there is something like that, that be awesome.

I wasn't sure if this was more of an essentials question or a general coding question. If I was wrong, i'm sorry. I just joined here so I could get a little help. If you read this, thank you for taking your time to do this. :smile:

- UMK

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    An easy (although maybe unsatisfying) way to do this would be to create 2 identical maps, one with the DarkMap tag, the other without it. When you want the map to brighten, just transfer the player to the one which does not have the DarkMap metadata.

Back