The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Pokémon Essentials
Essentials Question Change a dark map, to a bright map

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old 3 Days Ago (10:48 AM). Edited 3 Days Ago by UMK.

Hello so I have a bit of a problem. So, I have a dark map and I wanted to make it so when you clicked on something it would make the map bright again. I selected in the metadata to enable dark maps for an area I wanted to be dark. Maybe there is some command I can do that is like flash that can make the area bright again? If there is something like that, that be awesome.

I wasn't sure if this was more of an essentials question or a general coding question. If I was wrong, i'm sorry. I just joined here so I could get a little help. If you read this, thank you for taking your time to do this. :smile:

- UMK

Relevant Advertising!

Old 3 Days Ago (11:40 PM).

An easy (although maybe unsatisfying) way to do this would be to create 2 identical maps, one with the DarkMap tag, the other without it. When you want the map to brighten, just transfer the player to the one which does not have the DarkMap metadata.

Quick Reply