• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Change tileset based on season

Years
  • Apparently primes dns can change tilesets based on seasons. Amap 1.95 is suppose to have integration for this. Does anyone know how to use this?

If not, are there any other ways to change tilesets based on certain parameters?

Tyroz

In tenebris est et in nobis.
    Years
  • I'd love to know if anyone knows about this as well. This would be very helpful for a hack that would love to hold true to seasonal adjustment.

Years
  • It's possible, primes dns can do the switch but amap has a bugged support feature for it so there are no mapeditors. I'm going through meh and learning Java to add the fratures myself but it'll take months.

Petuuh, you can but it would be hard. The season puts a status byte in ram(0-sunmer 1-spring 2-autumn 3-winter). You would need to callasm in a script to check the status byte, return a flag depending on the byte (so 4 flags required) and jump to the script for whatever season.

Tyroz

In tenebris est et in nobis.
    Years
  • It's possible, primes dns can do the switch but amap has a bugged support feature for it so there are no mapeditors. I'm going through meh and learning Java to add the fratures myself but it'll take months.

Petuuh, you can but it would be hard. The season puts a status byte in ram(0-sunmer 1-spring 2-autumn 3-winter). You would need to callasm in a script to check the status byte, return a flag depending on the byte (so 4 flags required) and jump to the script for whatever season.

When you say Advanced Map, do you mean 1.95, or 1.92. I do know that 1.95 is buggy, but it does have seasonal support, no? But 1.92 does not.

Years
  • When you say Advanced Map, do you mean 1.95, or 1.92. I do know that 1.95 is buggy, but it does have seasonal support, no? But 1.92 does not.

Amap 1.95 has support but it's buggy. You're welcome to play with it but 1.95 blows up roms as is. The season editor is pretty much untested. Idk anyone that has used seasons with switching tilesets. So using an untested feature in an already buggy application sounds like a bad idea to me.

PS: anyone reading this that knows java, you're welcome to help on MEH. I just need to learn more java. It's seriously above my level currently. Enrolled in a couple online courses to help.

Back