• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Regarding Profile Page Customization

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
Years
  • Two questions:

1) How exactly does opacity/transparency work on a profile page? There's no input box for CSS, and trying to set block headers/backgrounds to transparent PNGs turns them white. I can't seem to find a compiled list of all the perks that donators of various tiers get, so I don't know if a opacity control feature magically appears when you reach a certain level.

2) When setting an image as a background, there is a drop-down menu labeled "Repeat" with the options Both, Vertical, and Horizontal. Messing around with it has yielded no results [except for one of my images that doesn't repeat if used with Vertical]. What does it do?

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    [jq]1) How exactly does opacity work on a profile page? There's no input box for CSS, and trying to set block headers/backgrounds to transparent PNGs turns them white. I can't seem to find a compiled list of all the perks that donators of various tiers get, so I don't know if a opacity control feature magically appears when you reach a certain level.[/jq]If you want an image to be transparent then you have to set the transparency of the image using an application. (Photoshop or w/e)

As for your PNG problem I haven't a clue, transparency with the background on my blog works fine.

[jq]2) When setting an image as a background, there is a drop-down menu labeled "Repeat" with the options Both, Vertical, and Horizontal. Messing around with it has yielded no results [except for one of my images that doesn't repeat if used with Vertical]. What does it do?[/jq]Again this works fine for me, exampled in my blog.

What browser are you using?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Transparency currently is a slight of hand really. It's Alpha transparent images of solid colours at varying opacities. In order for the main background image to show through you have to set the Block Border background to transparent by typing the word transparent into the box where #XXXXXX would go, then you have to do the same for the background of the section where you have set the Alpha transparent image.

As for the repeating thing, It all works for me.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Transparency currently is a slight of hand really. It's Alpha transparent images of solid colours at varying opacities. In order for the main background image to show through you have to set the Block Border background to transparent by typing the word transparent into the box where #XXXXXX would go, then you have to do the same for the background of the section where you have set the Alpha transparent image.

As for the repeating thing, It all works for me.

So for a background like yours, which has bars at different opacities, I would make gray boxes [images] of varying opacity... and then apply those images to the Block Backgrounds and stuff? And the hex color value has to be set to Transparent for each place I do this?

EDIT: Yeah, that's exactly what I had to do. Messing with it right now. Thank you Shin, I couldn't be more full of grate.

Requesting a close up in this thread.

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • See here, diglett 032. To get a blue name You must donate to the forums, for any other colour (plus bold) you have to be chosen by the staff for a promotion.

Back