• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] The Dog Kennel . . . Who Let the Dogs Out?! Dog Lovers Fanclub

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
  • I don't have much to talk about being that I haven't had a Dog in ~19 years and the one person in my family(my Uncle) who basically lived and breathed raising Dogs passed away a couple months ago. To those in the Dog Showing community in Northern California, it was a real blow and shock so he had a decent showing at his funeral(talking roughly 50 people combined). My Uncle for essentially his entire life loved animals and none more so than Dogs. He ultimately raised and bred Pharoah Hounds but he knew other breeds as well. Won't be too many Anubis dogs roaming the streets anymore as they say.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Huh... Not gonna lie, that certainly wasn't the response I was expecting. I'm not very good with sentimentality, but I'm sorry for your loss first of all. I'm sure your uncle was a great man -- I can appreciate anyone who loves animals. Second of all, 19 years is way too long without dogs! I couldn't imagine doing that myself. I currently have two, but would absolutely love more. Though, atm, I really wanted to get another bunny after my last amazing rabbit passed in December, so if I could convince my partner, that would be what we'd rescue first. My senior is getting really up there in age, so who knows when we can afford to get another dog.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • It's funny this club is active again because Facebook just showed me some memories of my dog who passed away a little over a year ago. Personally, while I don't think dogs are inherently better than cats, I certainly mesh a lot better with dogs and intend to get another dog once I graduate college.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Definitely not looking forward to the next coming years. They're the most tentative right now because of my senior dog really getting up there in age. So uh... Let's get this club talking about living, happy dogs! Seems less depressing.

Tachi:
    New tripod dog. He had cancer really bad in his back knee and it needed to be removed. He's been doing very well, though :) 11 years old and still going strong! Can't wait to take him swimming again ^^
    Dog1.png
    Just being handsome while our other dog tries to photobomb.

Dog2.png
    Tachi's favorite pastime: Rolling.

Dog4.png
    Handsome, but now he's in a different spot.

Dog5.png
    bae caught me slippin

Dog6.png
    Handsome, but from slightly below so he also looks regal. With his shaved butt.

♥♥♥

Cocoa:
    Our husky/german shepherd/labrador mutt. She loves attention and will stop at nothing to get it from you. Even if you've just given her attention for 20 straight minutes.
    Dog7.png
    :P

Dog8.png
    She must think she's one of the cats. She loves to get in the bay window to look at people delivering stuff to our house.

Dog3.png
    A testament to just how fluffy she is. Touch her and you can leave behind a handprint.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh my god Cocoa is PRECIOUS. I don't know why I didn't join this club before..!! Count me in. :)

I've got many fluffy bois that I love. But my puppers Tucker is particularly special. <3

Spoiler:

Also some love to my pup Jake. He passed a few years ago on Easter but he was a real nugget of joy.
    Spoiler:

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Awww, Tucker is so cute <3 What breed is he?

And Jake was adorable, too. Poor sweet old Collie ♥

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    So anyone here into dog training? :3 Got methods you'd like to share or fun tricks?

I'm constantly watching dog trainers on YouTube. Victoria Stilwell, Stonnie Dennis, Zak George, and several others. I love dog training!

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I shared a few pics of her in the discord last night but I just adopted my new Belgian Malinois and her name (for now) is Kenzi.

Spoiler:

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Aww, she's beautiful! I've heard Malinois are like GSDs but more intelligent and trainable. My GSD mix sure does have her stubborn streak but I've always attributed that to her being part husky, lol

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Aww, she's beautiful! I've heard Malinois are like GSDs but more intelligent and trainable. My GSD mix sure does have her stubborn streak but I've always attributed that to her being part husky, lol

That's what I've been hearing too. She's been fairly docile since I brought her home but I think that may be because she's not used to the place yet. When I've taken her for walks a few times she's shown spurts of that high energy I keep hearing about so hopefully she won't get bored.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    That's what I've been hearing too. She's been fairly docile since I brought her home but I think that may be because she's not used to the place yet. When I've taken her for walks a few times she's shown spurts of that high energy I keep hearing about so hopefully she won't get bored.

If she does, you can always try to make her (or buy but DIY is usually pretty fun) puzzle toys to keep her occupied. I know a big issue with high-energy dogs is people wear them out physically but neglect wearing them out mentally, which causes a lot of problems. Either way, good luck with her! And send us lots of cute and funny pics! :D

Years
  • I had a German Shepherd boy. My mother is a big fan of the Malinois, so she will love to see these pictures--you have a beautiful new furry friend there.

The German Shepherd is an extremely intelligent dog as well, both the Malinois and Shepherd are bright and trainable dogs but also both are best in the hands of experienced dog owners, this is especially cautioned with malinois because they are more high energy dogs than Shepherds, they can also be the more aggressive of the two, which makes the Malinois more popular as a police dog, though German Shepherds do also serve in this capacity. The German Shepherd is more popular a service dog than a Malinois, the Shepherd is calmer and employed more often for activities like search and rescue, guiding the blind etc. My Shepherd Cinnamon was able to detect the early signs of cancer in my grandmother, and also saved my uncle's when he was going into diabetic shock, waking up the household to alert my aunt to his state, and retrieving his sugar.

Both are fascinating creatures, aren't they?

Minor note, I know for a fact that the owner of the Dog Kennel Ho-oh is no longer going to be maintaining this club, and doesn't plan on visiting the forum any time soon. She's stepped down from her staff studies, and has a super busy life right now. So if anyone comes across this club and has any interest in adopting it, then it's all yours.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Yeah I knew when adopting her she'd be high energy and extremely intelligent since all the local K-9 officers I know use Malinois. They said one other reason they're pretty popular is that their backs are straighter, whereas German Shepards have a slanted back, so it makes the latter more prone to injury. But you can definitely see the high energy and impressive running skills she has since when I took her to the dog park the other day she was running all over the place, even ducking and weaving around the benches and what not. She's extremely agile. It's very impressive.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Minor note, I know for a fact that the owner of the Dog Kennel Ho-oh is no longer going to be maintaining this club, and doesn't plan on visiting the forum any time soon. She's stepped down from her staff studies, and has a super busy life right now. So if anyone comes across this club and has any interest in adopting it, then it's all yours.

*ridiculously excited gasp*
    I would love it! :D I adore doggies :3

Also, your doggie, Cinnamon, sounded like an amazing pup <3 Dogs are awesome creatures. We truly don't deserve them.

Aww, I love agile pups, Kenzi sounds like so much fun! x3 Making little agility courses is great, too. So many people are intimidated by high-energy dogs (understandably) but I find them way more fun and interesting. Plus, a lot of them turn into total cuddly couch potatoes after you've worn them out. xD

Years
  • Yeah I knew when adopting her she'd be high energy and extremely intelligent since all the local K-9 officers I know use Malinois. They said one other reason they're pretty popular is that their backs are straighter, whereas German Shepards have a slanted back, so it makes the latter more prone to injury. But you can definitely see the high energy and impressive running skills she has since when I took her to the dog park the other day she was running all over the place, even ducking and weaving around the benches and what not. She's extremely agile. It's very impressive.

Yes, I have heard that, Malinois is definitely the more agile of the two, a lot quicker. They're built lean, our sweepers, while the Shepherd has more bulk. GSD is a strong and bigger dog, but the Malinois is lighter in its feet when it comes to jumping over stuff and running. The straight back you say? Interesting! I'll take notes!
    Congratulations on your vibrant and talented new family member ^_^

*ridiculously excited gasp*
    I would love it! :D I adore doggies :3

Also, your doggie, Cinnamon, sounded like an amazing pup <3 Dogs are awesome creatures. We truly don't deserve them.

Aww, I love agile pups, Kenzi sounds like so much fun! x3 Making little agility courses is great, too. So many people are intimidated by high-energy dogs (understandably) but I find them way more fun and interesting. Plus, a lot of them turn into total cuddly couch potatoes after you've worn them out. xD

You would be a great owner of this club. It's yours now my friend, whatever you wish to do with it, any idea that pops int your head. *Hands you the keys to the city*

Yes, Cinnamon was a brave, intelligent, humble, strong and good, loyal dog with a heart of gold. No wonder the Shepherd is famous like Rin Tin Tin.

Yes, it's truly touching how much our dogs love us, and we have to work more and more each day to be worthy of their devotion and do right by our dogs :)

One day If I ever come into money I will set up a charity to help animals.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Yes, it's truly touching how much our dogs love us, and we have to work more and more each day to be worthy of their devotion and do right by our dogs :)

One day If I ever come into money I will set up a charity to help animals.
    That would be amazing. You'd make Cinnamon very proud! Animals, especially our beautiful dogs, deserve our help. <3

And as new supreme overlord club owner, my first order of business is to post this derpy pic of my GSD mix, Cocoa!
    Screenshot_20200124-125331_Gallery.jpg

And my next order of business will be collecting usernames to make sure I know who wants to be a part of this club, and so I can send messages to members! I'll probably create a separate post for that.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hello, Dog Lovers! How's everyone's pups doing today? :D My GSD, Cocoa, just had a bath cuz she was smelly and my BMC, Briggs, decided it was a good time to go behind daddy's back while mommy was busy and eat the whole cake I made. Luckily, it was just pumpkin cake without the cream cheese icing, so I was able to make it again, but still, bad boi! Here's Briggs, looking all guilt-ridden.
    Briggs being not guilty at all.png
    You can just tell he knows he was bad and feels really guilty about it.

Post here and I'll be sure to add your name onto the member list so I can give you direct updates if need be, and to keep track of fellow Dog Lovers!

Years
  • I loving these doggy pics! Okay I'll bite,

Here's my pretty Prince

And this fateful shown below he was relaxing with the kitty, he loves to watch over smaller animals and kids. The Pyrenees is a noble breed if ever there was.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023

Found this video and I thought it'd be cool to post, for all the doggo lovers out there to watch how groups of strange dogs interact, play, and discover one another. That Dalmatian was a little terror! Haha, cute dumb boi

Back