• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Roamer Editor

Years
  • Hey everyone, I've made a new tool that I called Roamer Editor, it lets you change the species of the roaming pokemon in Fire Red US (Entei, Raikou and Suicune).
    It also lets you change its level and the starter species that determines which roamer is released.
    I didn't find any tool like that, then I thought that it would make things easier for people to change this data.

However I have to warn you that the tool has NOT been tested. Indeed it is difficult to test this specific feature because the only way is to encounter the roamer.
    I didn't really have the time to do that or to find another way to do the tests.

In addition of that, the species of roamers seem to be written at 0x141caa, 0x141cb4 and 0x141cb8. If they are, then we have a problem because the tool doesn't change it since there is one single byte, whereas the species is supposed to be 2 bytes.
    I could make the tool change this byte but it would not let you choose a pokemon number beyond 255.

So, you are welcome to test it and tell me if it does work.
    If some developers want the source code, I can give it to you but it's a shoddy work, there is a lot of work to do yet to have a clean code. The program was made in C++ with Qt Creator.

Edit: this program only works with Fire Red US 1.0, this is actually the original (unmodified) version. Make sure that your rom isn't 1.1 or anything different than 1.0.

h7aEe1Y.png

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0zl5dh0k9o6t95p/Roamer_Editor.7z/file

Credits go to DoesntKnowHowToPlay for the information about the roamers data in the rom.

Last edited:

Dreamaker

Banned
    Years
  • Hey everyone, I've made a new tool that I called Roamer Editor, it lets you change the species of the roaming pokemon in Fire Red US (Entei, Raikou and Suicune).
    It also lets you change its level and the starter species that determines which roamer is released.
    I didn't find any tool like that, then I thought that it would make things easier for people to change this data.

However I have to warn you that the tool has NOT been tested. Indeed it is difficult to test this specific feature because the only way is to encounter the roamer.
    I didn't really have the time to do that or to find another way to do the tests.

In addition of that, the species of roamers seem to be written at 0x141caa, 0x141cb4 and 0x141cb8. If they are, then we have a problem because the tool doesn't change it since there is one single byte, whereas the species is supposed to be 2 bytes.
    I could make the tool change this byte but it would not let you choose a pokemon number beyond 255.

So, you are welcome to test it and tell me if it does work.
    If some developers want the source code, I can give it to you but it's a shoddy work, there is a lot of work to do yet to have a clean code. The program was made in C++ with Qt Creator.

82815864_2506745272947184_5220757005710393344_n.jpg

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/0zl5dh0k9o6t95p/Roamer_Editor.7z/file

Credits go to DoesntKnowHowToPlay for the information about the roamers data in the rom.

Did not work.

I changed everyone to Mew, I started with Charmander and Suicune still comes.
    Only the level that I changed to 75 that worked.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks for testing Lyko but, when you say "everyone", you mean you also changed the starters by mew ?
    The starter determines the species you choose at the lab. If you set mew on my tool, and then you choose charmander in game, it will not work.

Last edited:

Dreamaker

Banned
    Years
  • Thanks for testing Lyko but, when you say "everyone", you mean you also changed the starters by mew ?
    The starter determines the species you choose at the lab. If you set mew on my tool, and then you choose charmander in game, it will not work.

h7aEe1Y.png

Wrong?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hello I modded my rom, so instead of Raikou, Jirachi would appear instead. I also changed them to level 65, I pressed File>Save and loaded a new rom that was blank. The values didn't update, and when I reopened the app, and opened the modded rom, the values still remained default (lv. 50, raikou) Is there a way so save? or is it just me?

Back