• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Generation of Pokemon is your favorite?

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2022
    For me my favorite was the weather wars of Gen 5, a lot of people hated it, but i actually really enjoyed teams being built around / competing weathers. It was always interesting to see how a rain or sand would do vs a sun team. Sometimes people would run 2 weathers on their team just to stop rain (ttar/ninetales) You didn't see hail much, but i did see a dragon heavy kyurem hail team once that was pretty hype. Anyways what was your favorite gen and why?

Years
  • I played the most in Gen VI so I think that'd probably constitute my favourite. Honestly, it was a lot more balanced an OU meta than people gave it credit for. Also, if I can manage my time better and play a lot more, I think Gen VIII OU actually has the potential to top the list for me. So either Gen 6 or Gen 8, but mostly restricted to OU since that's the main tier I play.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I would go with Gen 2. The excessive attention on Snorlax was annoying, but it was awesome to see some of my favorites as top threats, including Nidoking, Vaporeon, Cloyster, Exeggutor, etc. It was nice to see that a Pokemon with well rounded stats could be successful, unlike more recent generations where virtually every threat must have a good typing alongside a useful ability and either absurdly high defensive or offensive stats. Defensive cores could be built off of type synergies rather than extreme bulk. And even in modern tournaments there's the opportunity to utilize more niche choices like Articuno, Dragonite or Qwilfish.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I second Firelord. I did most of my competitive battling in the 5th gen and the weather wars were both ridiculously overused but still fun as hell to play. Plus it's like the only time Ninetales ever made it into OU lol.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I grew up playing since Red version and my top favourite have to be generation 4-- With the introduction of Distortion World and Giratina backstory in Platinum, in my opinion battling the strongest Champion Cynthia, in between Sinjoh Ruins to create one of the trio, to Johto & even Kanto (And the Pokemon following behind you in HGSS was a huge bonus!), Spiky Eared Pichu, finally getting the Celebi event that we didn't get to do back in GSC era.
    I would say I had the most fun in generation 4, that was the time I truly enjoyed Pokemon-ing.

Back