• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC's Holiday GT iSketch

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • Holiday GT iSketch

Hello and welcome to the GT13 iSketch thread! iSketch is best described as an online version of Pictionary, in which you use your mouse/trackpad/tablet/whatever you have as your drawing tool and draw based the words you're given for the other players to guess.

Absolutely no art skill is required to join. And of course, as this is PokeCommunity, the theme shall be Pokemon.

All rooms hosted for this event shall be labelled under the name "PC GT13".​

How to Play

Upon starting a game of iSketch, the artist will be chosen from the list of players and everyone else guesses. A typical game of iSketch usually consists of 10-15 rounds each with a designated time.

As the guesser:
    • Make sure that the guess box is highlighted yellow before inputting your answer.
    • If you guess close enough to the word, the game will state that you're on the right track.
    • Upon the first correct guess, the timer will count down 20 seconds, so the other guessers will have to guess within that time frame before the round is over.
    As the artist:
    • Upon starting the round, you will be given a word to draw within a time limit.
    • You will be able to see guesses and judge how well are the guessers doing.
    • You are able to use the "Give HINT" button to help the players guess for up to 3 times. The first one will give the blanks of the word. The second will give out the first letter and the third will give out the second letter. Do note that your score will be deducted by 2 points per hint.
    • When someone has guessed the word, the hint button will be replaced with the "DONE" button in case you want to end it quickly.
    • You are also given the option to "SKIP" your turn if you think you can't draw the word.

Feel free to check out iSketch's help page:
    Spoiler:

The round ends when:
    • Time runs out.
    • The artist decides to end the round. This is done by clicking SKIP or DONE.
    • The artist doesn't draw anything within the first 20 seconds.
    • After a set time (usually 20 seconds) following the first correct guess.
    • If enough players press the "Warn Artist" button when the artist violates any drawing rule.
    • If any rule is violated and the artist is skipped over by an administrator.

Scoring

As the guesser:
    • The first guesser gets 10 points.
    • The 2nd guesser gets 9 points, 3rd guesser gets 8 points and so on.
    • The minimum amount you can get is 5 points.
    As the artist:
    • You receive 10 points for the first correct guess.
    • One (1) point for each additional guess is awarded, up to a maximum of 5, and a total earning potential of 15 points per round.
    • Two (2) points is deducted for each hint used.

Rules

• For the artist, you are not allowed to write down the answer on the drawing page. For the guessers, you are not allowed to type in the answers outside the guessing box (unless by accident). If you want to give hints, use the hint button.
    • Respect others who are playing. It's not nice to make fun of someone's inability to draw or guess.
    • Please keep the chat and drawing PG13. Nothing profane, vulgar or sexually suggestive. Failure to comply to this rule will immediately result in a kick.
    • Swearing is allowed, just don't go overboard it.

Emblems

Coming here as soon as I've made them

iSketch Handles

Of course we want to know who you are over on iSketch, right? Be sure to put in your iSketch handles here when you sign up to play. You don't need to sign in to play in iSketch though, so don't worry about it.
    [B]Username:[/B]
    [B]iSketch Handle:[/B]

Eg.
    Username:
    iSketch Handle:

The site should be located at isketch.net. Duly noted that for Chrome users, Google Chrome no longers support the plugin that iSketch is using, so you have to use a different browser in order to play. Feel free to hop into the room whenever it's made. I shall be posting over here whenever a room is up and available. :)​

background credits: pokemonpalooza on tumblr

Last edited:

Candy

Years
  • I'd like to see at least one person post their handles here first so I know at least you guys are interested. :3

But hey, if anyone's up, a room is available on the site right now.

Sukyandaru

kimi ni baby sweet berry love
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2019
    I'm up for it, sounds super fun :3
    Username: Sukyandaru
    iSketch Handle: I'll probably use Sukyandaru

Candy

Years
  • Okay, let's try this again. Please note that Google Chrome no longer supports shockwave flash, so in order to play at iSketch.net you're going to need a different browser. :)

A room under the name "PC GT13" is available now. :)

Back