• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen TV

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • We have always had televisions in Pokémon. In Hoenn, they began to have a use, giving us information about daily events, and facts about trainers. They also were useful in Orre, Sinnoh and Unova. But will they still be used as an information source in X and Y? What sort of information will they give? Are there any shows that you want to see return? Do you want televisions to be useful?

Discuss!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Jersey shore re-runs. What more could a pokemon trainer want?

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    They could have cooking shows, showing you how to make things to feed to your Pokemon that would act like potions or vitamins. Of course, they'd have a bigger boost. (I'm kidding btw.)

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I hope they still show our and our friends' accomplishments and I loved how Hoenn had the special events announced on TV; I always tuned in to TVs to see if something like the Lilycove rooftop secret base sale was going on or to hear about something that I've/a friend of mine(who I mixed records with) has done.

This could also be useful/added in when we get event Pokes in new areas, etc.(after you unlock them) because something on TV could show up saying something like "Big News!! *fill in a pokemon/area* has been discovered *fill in a location*!!" and go into detail a little. I enjoyed hearing about Lati@s after beating the Pokemon League back in Gen III.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I would like it to be used for many of the daily or timely based events. I think it could used as a great reminder for things like that. Using it for news reports of swarms, certain sales at the department store, and other small, but useful information would be great. Also, incorporating news of on-the-run legendary Pokémon and their locations, similar to the Lati@s in RSE, would be cool.

I like the idea of more special segments too. Something that comes to mind is a trivia segment, where we learn small facts about the region and some of the new Pokémon that we may otherwise not know before. I like things like these, because it's a nice little way of really utilizing everything there is to use within the games, big or small.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Jersey shore re-runs. What more could a pokemon trainer want?

Um, I doubt this'll be appearing in the games. :(

But even so, I wouldn't mind showing five minute colour episodes of something, maybe directly from PokeStar Studios...? So that there's a link between the games at least. idc about information though I never use them to find out anything useful.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • It would be really nice to see some TV shows giving out some information about stuff, like trainers and what's been happening.

What I'd really like to see in Pokémon X and Y is the TV actually giving some footage, like how the ones in Orre and at the start of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum usually do. It would be really handy, so then you'd know what is really going on and such.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • how about weactually get to see what the tv is showing, not just words on a dialog box telling us what is going on or who's talking.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • The T.V could give us hints at post game content, like legendary pokemon. There could be shows about researchers finding strange 'tablets' that suggest that there could be secret caverns or temples, but none has gotten too far because they were stumped by a puzzle.

There can be also things like, cameos to other trainers, or a mention of trainers that you link up or connect with via trade, battle, or other wise~

Back