• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT SUPER HOT

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

• https://store.steampowered.com/app/322500/

SUPERHOT is the first person shooter where time moves only when you move. With its unique, stylized graphics SUPERHOT finally adds something new and disruptive to the FPS genre. SUPERHOT's polished, minimalist visual language helps you concentrate on the most important - on the fluidity of gameplay and cinematic beauty of the fight.

See the bullets crawling towards you as you carefully plan your steps and aim your gun. Enjoy the mayhem that is unleashed as you put that plan into motion. No regenerating health bars. No conveniently placed ammo drops. It's just you, outnumbered and outgunned, grabbing the weapons of fallen enemies to shoot, slice, and maneuver through a hurricane of slow-motion bullets.

It's pretty rare, these days, that you see FPS play with gameplay ideas. Oftentimes what'll happen is that a new idea will come around once in a blew moon and then others will latch onto it (see Titanfall's Movement System or Gears of War's Cover system). But it's rare. Even rare is an FPS that completely goes off-the-rails to be its own thing without forsaking the genre. That is SUPERHOT.

As the title says, it's a game that only moves when you do. This leads to some interesting things happening, such as being able to shoot bullets out of the air, dodging bullets Matrix-style, and blocking bullets by using the various items in the environment around you. It is, in every sense, a spectacle shooter where using your imagination and awareness will generally leave you feeling more rewarded after the fact.

It's a lot of fun. And the internet was quite loud about it after release.

If you're interested, they have the prototype that was put up for 7 Day FPS, an independent developer competition back in its days of inception and, I suppose, conception.

https://superhotgame.com/play-prototype/

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I already beat the crap out of this game. Pretty fun. It's a great one to watch people who dont understand how the game works, or how physics work, play the game though...

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Looks like a ton of fun, but not sure it's worth the price tag. It's on my wishlist regardless.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I KNEW YOU COULDNT RESIST NAMING THE THREAD THE WAY IT WAS MEANT TO BE REFERRED.

ALSO CAPSLOCK IS SUPERHOT CRUISE CONTROL.

What amazes me with the game is the presentation. The DOS like cutcscenes, if they qualify as such, really reminds me of the good ole days.

What's amazing also about this game is how it makes the player feel like he's SUPERHOT. The physics, the weight and impact, the TWHOMP it gives. The feedback it has is just so good, even just watching someone else play makes one want to be a part of it.

SUPER... HOT. SUPER.... HOT. SUPER......HOT.... SUPER HOT!

VG should do a communical SUPERHOT chanting

Yukari

Seriously though it's really nice to see a first person shooter that doesn't try to be call of duty for once. We need more FPS that try to do something original and creative like this.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    dude i just got this game ITS SO GOOD

Aesthetically, you can tell, the game draws a lot of inspiration from Mirror's Edge. And while both games are wildly different, they are both in the same category of alternative first-person shooters. I very much recommend SUPERHOT to anyone who enjoyed Mirror's Edge. It might help distract you while you wait for ME: Catalyst, too. ;)

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I have to keep coming back to talk about this game. I just finished the campaign. It's awesome. Ultimately, the game reminds me of a mix of Portal and Mirror's Edge, with splash of influence from the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. But it brings a ton of its own innovation, too. The gameplay is varied, while the core mechanics are simple and remain the same. That's a combination for a successful game.

If you're into FPS - any FPS - I highly recommend picking this up. It'll tease your brain with puzzling situations that you've got to first-person your way out of. Very fun stuff.

Killua

Superhot is the most innovative game og this decade and I am not trying to brainwash you guys.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Here's my SuperHOT honest review, opinion, and whatever of SUPERHOT. I was able to play the game via a friend who got the game.

Most of these stuff i somehow agreed with ggmanlives however, his nitpick on the lack of music and some sound effects being annoying are something that I don't see eye to eye on.

Pros:
    Spoiler:

Cons:
    Spoiler:

Overall verdict: A Plate of delicious chilli out of 10.

I think everyone could agree with me and some other people who have played the game. It delivers on its strengths but it has some glaring weaknesses that prevent it from being a masterpiece. It just feels that once you completed the main campaign, you can just play the game again with additional handicaps that just make the game artificially harder for its own good, like that Katana only mode. Then again, like BvS, don't take anyone's word for it. The game is still very good if you really felt that you have no regrets throwing your cash out. It really delivers on its strengths but dear god i just wished it had more to offer, like custom maps like how Broforce and Hotline Miami are treated.

Last edited:
    Back