• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How much do you think my Pokemon games were worth?

Years
  • Hello.

So I sold all of my Pokemon games and consoles to a game shop two weeks ago. Now, because of the corona virus, businesses are obviously having a hard time and not making much profit so, money is tight you know (they gotta pay the staff, rent and bills etc.) Anyhow, I took them in, and all the guys loved the stuff I had. This is what I sold:

Pokemon Green Version (Japan) with the original box, instruction booklet and game.
    Pokemon Blue Version.
    Pokemon Gold Version in a gameboy game case (battery needed replacing.)
    Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed and LeafGreen, no boxes or booklets, but they were legit copies. (Which is hard for people to find because there are so many fake ones!.)
    Pokemon Emerald with the original box I got it in, with the instruction booklet. (I remember buying it too!... Haha)
    Pokemon Diamond with the case and instruction booklet.
    Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver versions with the box, booklets, AND the PokeWalkers, which I put new batteries in them that day and made sure which game they were connected to. They were both working fine!
    A refurbished Game Boy Advance, with a green casing and white buttons, with an added backlight.
    A Japanese purple Game Boy Advance SP (Version 1) the backlight on it isn't very great. I had the charger too, and a GBA trading cable.
    A metallic blue and black Nintendo DS Lite (they were Pokemon Mystery dungeon themed, the red and blue. I did get a Mystery Dungeon DS case but IDK where it went.) The only problem with the DS was, the hinges needed fixing. Otherwise it was working fine and I also had the charger for it.
    A Mario themed Red Nintendo DS Lite, with the original box it came in and the copy of New Super Mario Bros, also had the case for that, and the booklets. This console was fine, the hinges were good! Gave them the charger also.
    Pokemon Y version with the box.
    Pokemon Alpha Sapphire with the box.
    Pokemon UltraMoon with the box and the special metallic case.
    Pokemon White version with the box (Japanese version).
    Pokemon White 2 with the box.
    A Nintendo DS Metal case with game pockets.
    I also had HomeTown Story (or whatever it was) and a few other random games. (Just those lame ones that come with the 3DS, Zoo animal farm or something, and one that I bought called Rythym Dancer or some **** like that.)
    I also gave them 4 EarthBound (Mother 2) keychains of Ness, Paula, Jeff and Poo which I got from Japan.
    And for free I gave them my non-working Silver Pichu and Pikachu GameBoy Colour, and the original boxes for Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Ranger Shadows of Almia. (I lost the games ... )

All together I got $200 cash for it, which was pretty good, I wasn't expecting too much, plus its an extra $200 you know! But the owner said if we didn't have the problem of the corona virus he would have given me more. But I understood the situation and said it was fine. He originally said $150 but went with $200 because he said most of the stuff was in good condition etc.

Regarding the situation, do you think I got a good deal? I mean I think I did. I WAS going to sell them last year but I never got around to it. I honestly felt a little bad selling my stuff off to a business at this time, but I just needed the room in my cupboard. Honestly since I've moved two big containers from my room, and some of the things that were in them, its great having the extra space!

If you were going to buy them or if I sold them on eBay or someplace, how much do you think people would have paid for them?

They are second hand, and kids mostly play all the new games (reasonably) because, that's just what is out now and you can connect with friends etc.

If you're a collector how much would have you paid for them?

I'm just curious, what different people would have thought their value was. :)

Lol, thanks for reading this long post!

Have you ever sold your Pokemon games in the past? How did it go?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi Welcome to the forum,

I'm going move this over to Pokémon Gaming Central. That part of the forum is all about Pokémon games, so hopefully there will be more resources for you over there.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • NO. Simply because no one ever gets good deals at Gamestop. They've been offering 10 dollars or less for entire stacks of games since the beginning. If it wasn't for the DS systems you probably wouldn't have got much.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2020
    Older games usually go for at least $40 each from what I have seen around! Though....all I have seen wete online so idk if those prices are fair.

pkmin3033

If they were in good condition, you probably could have gotten upwards of $1000 if you'd sold all that on eBay...possibly more at auction if you sold that as a collection and got a very interested buyer. You could have sold HeartGold and SoulSilver for nearly $200 alone.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • Furthermore, Gamestop will sell you something used for almost 50...you offer the same thing in almost new-mint condition...you'll be lucky to get 15 let alone 10 lmao.

Back