• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How can I add a level cap to Pokemon Emerald? Any guides or resources?

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2022
    I've seen level caps on other ROM hacks but can't seem to find any tutorials for adding a cap to emerald. I'm a total beginner and am not even really sure what tools I would need to achieve this. Is this something that can be done through XSE or is it more complicated?

Ideally, I'd like to set a level cap until a certain trainer is defeated, then increase the cap until another trainer is beaten. Rinse and repeat.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? Any help would be much appreciated.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've seen level caps on other ROM hacks but can't seem to find any tutorials for adding a cap to emerald. I'm a total beginner and am not even really sure what tools I would need to achieve this. Is this something that can be done through XSE or is it more complicated?

Ideally, I'd like to set a level cap until a certain trainer is defeated, then increase the cap until another trainer is beaten. Rinse and repeat.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? Any help would be much appreciated.

If you're doing your ROM hack using the pokeemerald decomps, then you can use this Soft EXP Level Caps to implement what you're trying to do. I would guess you're creating your hack via binary hacking, though. I'm far less knowledgable with that process, but this post seems to discuss some sort of level cap mechanic. It appears to be part of this rombase.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2022
    Thanks WiserVisor. I am using the ROM base you linked to and am hoping the creator will be able to give a few more details about how to implement when they get back. Thought I'd see if there were any other useful resources out there too.

Back