• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Luke's art

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
Luke's random art

My art. Some pixel, some vector.

Sprite edits

Spoiler:

Vector art

Spoiler:

Commissions (not open)

Spoiler:

Other things

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dewmonic Abyss

YouTuber
Years
I am a huge fan of fusions. As a matter of fact, they're my specialty when it comes to spriting. And I have to say.. Your art style is very.. eccentric. And I like eccentric. I love it.

If I could offer some advice, though.. They are a little bit sloppy. I don't mean that in a rude way, because you are doing a good job, creative ideas, basic shading, not just pieces of Pokemon being hacked and slashed and glued together.. But it could use a little more polishing. For example, with your Diglett, the coloring bothers me a little bit. The bottom half of the Diglett should be darker, and as it goes up towards the top, it should be lighter. Think of shading in terms of the sun hitting the Pokemon from the top left side of the screen. Naturally, the top left would be lighter, and as you go farther down to the right, it would be darker. With the Diglett, the pattern is lost a little bit. Your Turtwig-Starly could also use an outline. It's an interesting concept, but without an outline, it just hurts the eyes a little bit to look at. There needs something containing that color. And with the Voltorb, the Geodude arms seem to be coming from the back of the Voltorb, rather than from the sides. It's a little unusual. I'm not sure if that was your angle or not.

Again, please don't take what I'm saying as insulting or rude, and I apologize if I came off like that. You have a ton of potential when it comes to spriting, and you have amazing ideas. I think with the right amount of polishing and practice, you'll produce INCREDIBLE results. :)

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
I haven't done any art for a while but I am working on doing some pokemon drawings in vector, gonna see how that turns out.

Back