• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NU Team Help topped at #52 on PS

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • I've asked for help quite a few times before, but this is the first time I've asked help for my NU team. It's been my most successful team ladder wise, and has won two NU tournaments. Since I got the 52 ladder rank, it's been going downhill. My team has seemed to lost its edge and I would like some advice on getting that edge back.

Cradily (M) @ Chesto Berry
    Trait: Suction Cups
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Rock Slide
    - Seed Bomb
    - Curse
    - Rest

Cradily is what I would like to call, my pseudo-lead. People expect me to use stealth rocks, but I use curse instead and the sweeping begins. I get as many curses in as possible, then rest away any damage and statuses that I have accumulated. This set has worked very well and has resulted in many sweeps and countless rage-quits. I don't mind the loss of entry hazards since focus sash is extremely rare in NU and my team just never quite seemed to need them.

Weezing (M) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
    Modest Nature
    - Clear Smog
    - Fire Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Memento

Weezing is my physical wall and sweep counter. He's a valuable part of my team that has stopped many would be sweeps. I use those two special attacks for excellent type coverage and memento is there for the occasional suicide.

Swellow (M) @ Flame Orb
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Facade
    - Protect
    - U-turn

My newest addition and one of my most valuable. Swellow is a common powerhouse in the tier and it's no wonder that it finds itself onto a team like mine, full of powerful attackers. This is its main sweeping set, and it has done its job many times before, to near perfection. The only thing that can stop it are steel and rock types. Both uncommon in the NU tier.

Gorebyss (F) @ White Herb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Hidden Power [Ground]

Gorebyss is my special sweeper. Entry hazards are very common, and since my team doesn't have a rapid spinner, I choose white herb over focus sash so Gorebyss is more likely to stand up to the first attacks. Hidden power ground is there for those pesky steel and electric types, that seem to be a struggle to take down sometimes.

Ampharos (F) @ Air Balloon
    Trait: Static
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Heal Bell
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Ampharos is here for some much needed, electric resistance. Since half of my team is weak to electricity, I juggle Ampharos around to help cover that weakness. It replaced Raichu because I liked the extra bulk. Ampharos also counts as my steel killer because of focus blast.

Drifblim (M) @ Flying Gem
    Trait: Unburden
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - Acrobatics
    - Shadow Ball
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Destiny Bond

Drifblim is here because I just couldn't find another pokemon here that I liked using. I wouldn't be opposed to switching Drifblim out, but I just don't know who to put up as a replacement. The really nice thing about Drifblim is the unburden ability. Thanks to that ability, I no longer fear Jynx and other psychic types. Another pokemon that checks psychic types, especially Jynx, would be appreciated. Having a resistance to electric attacks would also be nice.

There's my team and I have a few things to say before you get to your (constructive) critique. This team does a very good job of checking weaknesses, and I wouldn't consider electric types to be something to worry about. There are only a couple threats in the shape of Sawk and Jynx. Other than those two, my team does very well. That's all I have to say and I thank you for your time.

Back