• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Battle Bond ability isn't working

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2021
    I've copied the scripts for Ash-Greninja from M3rein's Gen 7 scripts thread and Battle Bond now exists as an ability, but it never triggers when I faint an opponent's Pok?mon, even though the form does exist. In my game I edited it into Ash-Pikachu which is why the code has its name in it. I'm also using Pok?mon Essentials BW by KleinStudio.

Here's my code in Pokemon_MultipleForms under the Mega Evolutions, I don't know what I did wrong or how I can get Battle Bond to activate.

MultipleForms.register(:PIKACHU,{
    "getMegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
    next 1 if isConst?(user.species,PBSpecies,:PIKACHU) && user.hasWorkingAbility(:BATTLEBOND)
    next
    },
    "getUnmegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
    next 0
    },
    "getMegaName"=>proc{|pokemon|
    next _INTL("Ash-Pikachu") if pokemon.form==1
    next
    },
    "getBaseStats"=>proc{|pokemon|
    next [35,85,30,100,80,40] if pokemon.form==1
    next
    },
    "onSetForm"=>proc{|pokemon,form|
    pbSeenForm(pokemon)
    }
    })

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    user and hasWorkingAbility are variables and methods for battlers, not pokemon.
    You also don't need the check for the species because the multiple form requires the species already.
    Code:
    MultipleForms.register(:PIKACHU,{
    "getMegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
       next 1 if pokemon.hasAbility?(:BATTLEBOND)
       next
    },
    hasAbility? does the same thing but for pokemon.

Back