• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you tend to keep or use your Master Ball?

Years
  • I tend to use my Master Ball in games with roaming legendaries, but not in other games. I would use it if I encountered a shiny Pokemon with Explosion/Selfdestruct/Memento/Roar/Whirlwind/Teleport.

Years
  • I never use it. Usually because I think it is ugly and want my legendaries in a pokeball that matches them more.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    honestly i think the only time i'll ever use my master ball is if i find a shiny that i know has roar or teleport or something of that nature. but other than that what's the fun in a master ball when i can attempt to catch everything in a pokeball or a ball that fits the pokemon instead.

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I used to save them for the wandering legendaries that were so typical prior to Gen 6, but now I just save it. If I ever get into wormhole hunting I might use it then.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I used to always save it and then just never use it, but I think in recent games where I knew I wasn't gonna do any endgame grinding or completion, I just tossed it at the plot legendary so I could move on with the game faster.

But I really should keep it around, especially as someone who's lost a shiny to Roar. I should know better lol.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I rarely use it, thinking that I could catch X Pokémon easily after lowering its HP, using a status move and an Ultra Ball.

In UM, when I found a Mewtwo in Ultra Space, I had to use it because I was unlucky with the Ultra Balls, and the team I had was being beaten up.

Years
  • always saved it for shinies. but if im trying to catch a legendary and i forgot to save before i battle it and then i run out of pokeball then will i use the master ball. handy stuff

Back