• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't use Pokemon bank or the GTS anymore.

dragosboss

DragosSavior
Years
  • So a couple months back I started replaying ORAS, and I decided that I want to complete the national pokedex. Finished the game, caught most legendaries, then started pokemon y once again to help myself get the pokemon easier. Opened pokebank on oras to see what i had there, and there were some definitely genned pokes in there. Didn't care, put them all on my OR game. Lo and behold, about a week later I go to use pokebank again, and it doesn't work (006-0112 or 006-0501 error codes). I then go onto the GTS to look for some pokes and whenever i try to trade, after selecting which pokemon I want to send it crashes every time, which pokemon it is doesn't seem to matter. Then about a week ago I get a New 2DS XL, with the same problems propagating here after doing the transfer.

So did I brick my pokemon ecosystem with genned pokemon? Any suggestions besides the DNS fixes, which didn't work, are welcome!

P.S. Both GTS and pokebank don't work on either Y or Omega Ruby, but things like battling or wondertrade works fine. Also depositiong pokemon on the GTS works, and I can receive pokemon too, it doesn't work when I am the one initiating the trade.

Last edited:
    Years
  • That's incredibly odd considering, from the googling I did, those are DNS error codes. o.o

006-0112 simply means an internet disconnection, while 006-0501 can probably be fixed by changing DNS settings to Google's public DNS servers if you haven't done that already.

dragosboss

DragosSavior
    Years
  • That's incredibly odd considering, from the googling I did, those are DNS error codes. o.o

006-0112 simply means an internet disconnection, while 006-0501 can probably be fixed by changing DNS settings to Google's public DNS servers if you haven't done that already.

Yeah That's the first "solution" I found, but when inputting Google's DNS address the 2ds would just not connect to the internet :/...

Back