• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Need Help!

Years
    • Seen today
    Does anyone know how to fix these glitches? I'm just unable to fix them!

*Game crashes when I try to enter the summary of the second page.
    *Mega evolution does not work always.
    *Sandslash's sprite is gone error.

I'm just a rom editor, so I need help from the professionals :)

Attachments

• Screenshot (275).png
      Screenshot (275).png
      39.5 KB · Views: 12
    • Screenshot (276).png
      Screenshot (276).png
      44.5 KB · Views: 10
    • Screenshot (277).png
      Screenshot (277).png
      52.7 KB · Views: 10

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Your summary screen crash and mega evolution issues are extremely hard to fix as those areas aren't well understood by many on this site, particularly the summary screen. As JustIChris said, you probably overwrote some important stuff in the ROM, but fixing such a nebulous thing isn't really feasible as nobody here really knows what's been deleted or how everything fits together in the ROM.

The Sandslash error could be easily fixed by repointing and reinserting the sprite, but there's not much reason to do that it if you can't fix the other two issues. I'd suggest writing off that ROM as broken and going to an earlier back up where those errors aren't present.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Summary screen is most definitely reading bad data. Does it crash for every pokemon or just for new ones? As for the mega evolution, that looks like it's reading from the game's old tables. You need to open up a hex editor and start repointing manually. Programs like PGE don't dynamically modify pointers for the new things involving base tables you insert. You need to do that work yourself.

If you do restart, consider first inserting Megas->Summary hack -> expanding mons -> manually going through Doesnt's tutorial on it and confirming the repoints are done for everything (they're obviously not going to be... such is life)

Back