• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Having issue with npc placement

CasualToxicStall

Toxic's the name, stalling's the game
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Just starting out with scripting and map making here so I'm just doing basic hello world tests when I throw down my first npc. Loaded up the rom and he is stuck in the fence no matter where I place the event tile. Was wondering if anybody knew what was going on so I can fix this and any future occurences.

MGVhs4C.png

HyJug8Z.png

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Was this Pallet Town formerly? Just guessing by where the OW ends up lol. Check which level scripts are present, if there's one of the "[03]On entering map/not on menu close" type and that script contains the movesprite2 and spritebehave commands that's what will be causing it. Removing that script will stop this happening.

If my memory serves me right, that script also contains the setting of the world map flag (which you need), so if you delete the script and intend to use this map for a town or city you'll need to replace it just with a simple script that sets the world map flag.

Back