• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Headbutt Trees

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In G/S/C and their remakes, there were special types of Trees that you could Headbutt throughout the entire Johto and Kanto region. These trees contained Pokemon you don't normally see in the wild, like Aipom, Heracross, and Pineco. In the generation two games only, if you Headbutt these trees at night, the Pokemon would be asleep automatically. This mechanic was removed in the remakes.

In generation IV, certain Headbutt trees gave certain Pokemon, after beating the game and getting a National Pokedex. Such as the National Park Headbutt trees containing a Cherubi, and Shroomish being in the Viridian Forest Headbutt Tree.

Did you make use of the Headbutt Trees? What did you think of this mechanic? What are some Pokemon you caught from these trees? Do you want to see Headbutt trees return in the future?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Don't really care about it but it is cool. Adds a bit more realism to the games. only used it to catch a heracross for whitney's miltank

Years
  • Headbutting is one of the mechanics that I wish were present in more games. Not only is it good move, but the roster of Pokémon available through headbutting is in my opinion better than the one for Honey Trees and Hidden Grottos in later Gens.

And I literally found 2 shiny Pokémon by headbutting trees in the span of 20 minutes in remakes, but that totally doesn't have any effect on me loving this gimmick.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • u can get some good stuff through this and it's a very quick process. i like it a lot but. i'm so sorry to all my pokemon having to headbutt the tree looool

Back