• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

who do you think had the worst development out of the companions

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2017
    I feel that Cilan was an ok character but he had little growth suddenly deciding out of nowhere to go to fishing competition even when he said shortly before he wanted to stay with ash because their was more for him to learn from him a least with Tracey his reason of not continuing on with ash made sense

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • cilan is my love forever but he could have had more development to be sure! honestly tho max went like nowhere lbr

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • There are a number of character I think should have had more dev.

Cilan - He literally had little to no development at all. I think Pansage should have evolved and I think Cilan could have easily caught a few more pokemon. He really should have caught a pokemon when they went to East Unova with older pokemon.

Tracey - I did love Tracey, but sadly he was only there because he was supposed to replace Brock. I feel Tracey would have been a better character. He really didn't have time to get much development.

Max - Max never changed in the end. It was just annoying. I really don't understand why they added him randomly like they did, unless they eventually plan to make a Series for Bonnie and Max.

Iris - I don't think Iris had enough. Both Iris and Cilan completely failed to draw the attention of a lot of the fanbase. Iris didn't grow. She continued to accuse Ash of being a little kid. Yet he ended up with more development even though he was reverted by a lot. Axew should have fully evolved. She should have caught Gible during the main saga. She should have started with at least a Dragonair and not a freaking Dragonite. All the damn dragon type they added and she caught a freaking Emolga which really annoyed me. She should have probably gotten a Dieno instead of a Dragonite.

Brock - Out of all the time Brock was in the anime, he should have gotten a load more development. He literally did not change a bit. Most of his development came in the episode that were in Pewter City. He didn't change until the very end and then he suddenly wants to become a Pokemon Doctor and not a Breeder randomly, with no hints of him changing until the very end. And I think that was just so they could kick him off the show as a main character.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    I disagree with Brock not really changing and having little development. He stayed the same pretty much most of the original series, but in Advanced Generation and Diamond and Pearl he got more focus episodes and they really showed more how well he worked with Pokémon and how skilled he was. Misty had little development in comparison.

Back