• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Update Thing

JustsomeDev

Hello there all, I've started working on a ROM hack of Pokemon: Emerald recently and I plan on putting updates here. I'm new to this site so I'm not entirely sure where I should've put this but I decided on here. Any recommendations for pokemon that you wish to see in the game would be appreciated as I've been struggling with filling this region's Pokédex. This ROM is in VERY early phases of development so it won't be coming out for a good long while. I'm considering adding a To-do section, let me know if you all want one I guess.

Here are the currently planned features:
- Pokemon from the first four generations
- Headbutt Trees (scrap potential: might just not work out)
- The Fairy Type
- Fakémon (80 so far)
- New moves
- At least one new type
- A battle arena (idea is currently a barrage of trainers with some sort of reward system)
- Post-game content (idea is currently extra gyms)
- A strange encounter...
- Team Rocket (scrap potential: may be replaced with a new team/different old team, will see)
- 204 Pokemon (may be expanded with recommendations)
- 11 Major locations and 11 Minor locations (will definitely be increased)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
No past dex has been completely even type-wise, but if you're struggling to make it somewhat balanced/fill it you could start by making yourself a checklist, five Fakemon/Pokemon of each type that you like = 90 Pokemon. Which new type were you thinking of adding? I like seeing how people think up new types/moves for them, it's always pretty interesting, although hard to do.

Back