• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Exploration

Years
    • Seen today
    This script adds in Pokemon Exploration, where you send off your pokemon to find items. It's loosely based off one of the Poke Pelago Islands.
    To use it, you must create an event that takes the pokemon, using pbChooseNonEggPokemon to select the pokemon and pbExplorationDeposit to to deposit them, taking the party index as an argument. The script has no restriction on the length of the exploration team, but only 8 pokemon fit on the included display screen. 9 pokemon causes them to get cut in half.

I FORGOT TO PUT THE SCRIPT, AHHH! Sorry. Here's the script.

Next, you must call pbExplorationItemPool with an array of item ids or symbols to define the possible treasure that a pokemon can find. The script picks one at random, so just include duplicate entries to weigh items more or less commonly.

To start an exploration, call pbExplorationState.pbStart(steps), where steps is the number of steps required to complete the expedition. To check if an expedition is complete after starting it, call pbExplorationState.inProgress?, which returns true if there are still more steps remaining.

After an expedition, call pbRecieveExplorationItems to receive any items found. If the player does not have room, the excess items are lost. To return the pokemon, call pbExplorationChoose, which takes the text to say and the variable to save the selected index and name, and give the resulting index to pbExplorationWithdraw, which actually returns the pokemon. Neither method checks if there is space in the party, and the latter will raise an error if you give an index that does not exist.

Included is a display that shows the current party, the remaining steps and the the last item found. call it with
    Code:
    pbFadeOutIn(99999){
         scene =PokemonExploration_Scene.new
         screen=PokemonExplorationScreen.new(scene)
         screen.pbStartScreen
       }
    Pokemon Exploration

Example event
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2020
    This script adds in Pokemon Exploration, where you send off your pokemon to find items. It's loosely based off one of the Poke Pelago Islands.
    To use it, you must create an event that takes the pokemon, using pbChooseNonEggPokemon to select the pokemon and pbExplorationDeposit to to deposit them, taking the party index as an argument. The script has no restriction on the length of the exploration team, but only 8 pokemon fit on the included display screen. 9 pokemon causes them to get cut in half.

I FORGOT TO PUT THE SCRIPT, AHHH! Sorry. Here's the script.

Next, you must call pbExplorationItemPool with an array of item ids or symbols to define the possible treasure that a pokemon can find. The script picks one at random, so just include duplicate entries to weigh items more or less commonly.

To start an exploration, call pbExplorationState.pbStart(steps), where steps is the number of steps required to complete the expedition. To check if an expedition is complete after starting it, call pbExplorationState.inProgress?, which returns true if there are still more steps remaining.

After an expedition, call pbRecieveExplorationItems to receive any items found. If the player does not have room, the excess items are lost. To return the pokemon, call pbExplorationChoose, which takes the text to say and the variable to save the selected index and name, and give the resulting index to pbExplorationWithdraw, which actually returns the pokemon. Neither method checks if there is space in the party, and the latter will raise an error if you give an index that does not exist.

Included is a display that shows the current party, the remaining steps and the the last item found. call it with
    Code:
    pbFadeOutIn(99999){
         scene =PokemonExploration_Scene.new
         screen=PokemonExplorationScreen.new(scene)
         screen.pbStartScreen
       }
    Pokemon Exploration

Example event
    Spoiler:

Thanks. I added the events as shown. But forgot to click ok and instead clicked cross on top. Now, I don't want to create event commands once again. They are pretty long. Can you please give an example map with that event?

Years
    • Seen today
    Thanks. I added the events as shown. But forgot to click ok and instead clicked cross on top. Now, I don't want to create event commands once again. They are pretty long. Can you please give an example map with that event?

Sorry, this is an older resource of mine, and I reset my sandbox project when it gets full or multiple scripts need to change the same area, so I don't have the event anymore myself.

Gotta be careful, I've lost so many event/script changes with a mistaken close or cancel.

Back